Advanced Combat Logging Question

When I set the client to collect advanced combat logging in my addon using the CVars interface, i.e.,

C_CVar.SetCVar(“AdvancedCombatLogging”, 1)

the additional parameters are written to the WoWCombatLog file. However these additional parameters do not seem to be available using the COMBAT_EVENT_LOG_UNFILTERED event, i.e.,

stats = { CombatLogGetCurrentEventInfo() }

Are these advanced parameters available programmatically? If so, how?

Thanks,

no. that’s how you get radar in-game

Thanks for the response, Ketho. Perhaps some background would be helpful. Motivating my question is the observation that the CLEU does not record the damage done by the affliction warlock’s Darkglare minion, nor does the standard written combat log, WoWCombatLog.

Now, it turns out that when the CVar variable, AdvancedCombatLogging, is set, Darkglare’s damage is written to the WoWCombatLog. So far so good. What puzzled me (and motivated the question) is that the combat logger, Details, is somehow able to obtain programmatically the Darkglare’s damage.

So, I guess I’ll just have to tromp thru their code and see how they do it. Thanks again. If you have any further insight let me know.

Cheers,

Could try just asking in their Discord https://discord.gg/AGSzAZX

Thanks for the suggestion, Elvenbane. But it’s been over a week since I asked them and no response. But, I’ll tickle them again.

Not sure which ability exactly you are looking for but its [Eye Beam] spell is appearing for me just fine

Note that I’m using an addon script to show the CLEU payload in /etrace

I don’t think OP is gonna respond anymore

Ketho,

Thanks again, Ketho. What I discovered in all this was that the Darkglare (like the priest’s Shadowfiend) is an entity called a “Guardian”. And, by using the source and destination flags of the CLEU an addon can determine whether the entity is a Guardian AND whether the Guardian belongs to the player. Moreover, using the flag fields allow the addon to be independent of class, i.e., the same code can be used to log ONLY theGuardians (e.g., a priest’s shadowfiend or a warlock’s Darkglare) belonging to the player.

I’ve got it all sorted out now and my AddOn is working just fine.

Cheers,
P.S. for those who want to learn more about other object types (pet, player, guardians) one can search gamepedia for “UnitFlag”.

2 Likes