Adjust the automatic zoom out speed?

Example situation:

Your character walks into a cave. The camera will zoom in immediately, no slow zoom in - the camera will instantly switch to the appropriate closer zoom. Walking back out of the cave, there is a slow zoom out… over the course of approximately 1 second.

Unfortunately, when this ping ponging between instant zoom in and slow zoom out occurs out in the open world, such as, when farming eggs for Noblegarden, it is causing nausea. There are situations where it’s just a series of slow zoom out, snap in and immediately slow zoom out, repeating… I just need that behavior to stop somehow. I wouldn’t mind it so much if the zoom out was also instant like the zoom in is. The slow repeated zooming out while also moving and turning the character is what is triggering motion sickness.

Is there any cvar that controls the speed of that zoom out (the automatic zoom out, not necessarily the zoom that you use your scroll wheel for)?

See clip for an example: https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveLongChimpanzeeDoggo-Ibv7o6-luFybtQGX

I think you’ll find this is a “collision” effect with no control ie, walking into the cave your camera collides with the roof of the cave causing the instant effect. Walking out, no collision so normal zoom takes place.

There is a “collision” CVar you can set but it causes an error and makes no difference. Probably a Commentator setting.

No solution?

angle your camera such that it doesn’t hit terrain?