Adjust Badge prices for 251 Tier

Getting the badges for new alts takes a ton of time, especially if you want to gear multiple specs.

Please make the base tier easier to obtain through 1 or more of the following:

• Frost Badges from Gamma bosses.
  • Reduced Tier cost.
  • Allow normal tokens to buy the 264 version without requiring the 251.
  • Allow the purchase of an account bound “token” that can be sent to alts to buy any 251 piece.

Please and thank you

12 Likes

I strongly believe this was a missed chance to buff either EoTs gain on gammas or straight up put EoF’s as drops on gammas…

The +1 is welcome but it feels kinda meh somehow considering that the boe’s are really down on prices nowdays…

I do support the review on the 251 set cost … should be cut by 50% minimum.

3 Likes

Agreed. Still takes weeks to get a feasible replacement alt relevent tier pieces.

1 Like

This does seem like an oversight. The changes make it easier to acquire tier tokens but don’t address the EoF bottleneck. EoF are also harder to come by on most realms than they were at the start of ICC because of dwindling interest in 10-mans.

Being able to buy tier directly with 264 tokens would be a godsend, honestly. But any of the solutions proposed in the OP would probably work.

1 Like

Came here to say this. You can get SM in 3 lock outs with this new buff but still need over 400 EOF to get 4 piece. Kind of ridiculous.

1 Like

They should have just made tokens account shared. Instead they flood your main raider with tokens it has no use for while your alt is starved.

2 Likes

Maybe you will be able to buy the 251 tier with gold like the original start of prepatch.

2 Likes

3x12 = 36

Couldn’t even get SM in 4 lockouts even if you maxed out on having the best RNG ever.

RNG no longer matters. As of today, shard drops are guaranteed and end wing bosses drop 2.

It’s 1 per boss with the 5 end bosses giving 2 (an extra 1)

It’s a total of 17 / raid.

17 x 3 = 51

would be nice if they increased the drop rate of frost badges or just reduced the cost of them, i swapped over to my druid in prep for cata like 6 weeks ago and just now got my 4 piece (yeah i could have gotten it sooner if i also ran 25m but it was my turn to get shadowmourne so couldn’t take the druid) and still need to work on the resto set.

this means that even if i don’t get the 5th piece for boomy and replace it with some leather drop (because of the armor specialization for cata) i would still need 405 to get resto 4 set (500 if i get the frost badge leather chest, again for armor spec) and then need another 346 for the conversion into justice points (though i can supplement that with some triumph badges). so a total of 751-846 badges

Lol someone didn’t read the blue post.

where are those changes

Increase frost badges earned or reduce the frost badge for normal tier.

3 Likes

Bumping this for visibility.

This definitely needs more visibility. What’s the plan here? It takes about a month to get a full set, can we get the frost badges moved to gammas? This needs to be more alt friendly.

2 Likes

BUMP plz fix for alts.

Also make relentless/wrathful gear available with honor.

2 Likes