Addressing the "unintended?" nerf to feral powershifting

Patch is going live today and we still have no response from bliz. Other classes got fixes for things like seal twisting yet we get nerfed for the entire expansion for an unintended bug introduced at the end of TBCs life cycle. At the very least revert the tick fix until 2.2 aka zula release. And keep it “true”

1 Like

It’s kind of crazy that they slow our rotation down by at least a second at the last minute and then don’t even make a post or wait to allow for player feedback or anything. The heavy-handedness with which they’re implementing this is discomforting.

2 Likes

wtb feral fixes pst

2 Likes

Save the Kittys!!!

3 Likes

“We play WoW alongside you…”
Doubt they play feral druids.

Putting my say in requesting the fix.

3 Likes

I recognize so many names in this thread.

Blizzard, this is a community. you don’t need to destroy us!!

We understand that maybe a fix can’t come out right now.

We just need to know where you stand on the subject. Kaivax has already addressed the instance limit, could we please have some sunshine on this subject?!

1 Like

I’m extremely curious to see what their response to this will be.

(bump)

1 Like

Meow meow. Meow meow meow. Meow.

(Pls blizzard, this is all the have. Don’t take away our one thing!)

2 Likes

Please blizzard. Let me powershift!!!

I got to do it in 2007 on kael thalas, let me do it in 2021 on kael thalas!!!

1 Like

Yo just wanted to chime in with the voices of the Feral community. To be unequivocally clear, the best possible scenario for us is Classic-style energy ticks like we’ve had for most of Beta so far and original BC. The most effective, and maybe more importantly, by far most fun version of the Feral DPS rotation relies on this style of energy ticks, giving it a unique playstyle that really makes cat far more than a “worse rogue”, even if that’s how it looks on meters.
Nerfed energy ticks completely change how we can manage our resources, and changes our gameplay from an active or proactive style, to an idle or at best, reactive style. Keeping Classic-style energy ticks is an extremely minor or even completely unnoticeable change from the current state from anyone else’s perspective, but makes a world of difference to this specialization.
Without Classic-style energy, the already off-meta cat druids will be faced with an even harder time and tighter stigma against bringing them to raids, and those who persevere will have a far less rewarding time for doing so.

8 Likes

Alot of us ferals really looked forward to tbc and the loss of having to farm MCP.

We would really just like to know where the team stands on this internally. Are the devs even aware that the feral community is experiencing a negative reaction to this?

4 Likes

Dw fellas im sure they put this change in cause feral druids are so great in arena and PvE. Their blue pvp gear set and s1 sets are too OP, so you guys needed a nerf.

hehe

1 Like

is this about the lvl 40 helm?

Nope! This change has actually made the helm more necessary by making it 20/60 energy gained from powershifting instead of 20/80. The change basically killed off the competition the helm had at powershifting.

3 Likes

So as it stands we’re going from a fun, fast & engaging rotation to a slow and clunky one? Blizzard please reconsider.

2 Likes

Good news everyone

" * Energy regeneration “tick” timers are reset when shifting into cat form."

´https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/burning-crusade-classic-not-a-bug-list-may-18-2021-322401´

This can be addressed.

Blizzard, Hunters had their dead zones reduced, shamans have totem twisting, paladins have seal twisting… Could we really look at perhaps giving feral druids the classic energy system?

2 Likes

As a longtime cat DPS player, I agree. Blizzard, put your coders to work and make powershifting be fun again. At this point, it doesn’t matter if it was intended or unintended… We want to have FUN.

3 Likes

Please, Blizzard, let us have fun as cat.

2 Likes

To help refresh memory –

Batching removed – It shouldn’t be lowered to its current threshhold untill cata.

Hunter Dead zone removed – Shouldn’t have been removed until cataclysm.

Paladin seal twisting – was technically a bug due to abusing server lag at the time. however it resulted in a unique, enjoyable game-play experience and became adopted as a class mechanic.

Shaman Totem twisting – was technically a bug due to abusing server lag at the time. however it resulted in a unique, enjoyable game-play experience and became adopted as a class mechanic.

All of these above examples have severe impact on pvp, but theyre still welcome changes because they enhance the game play for the community! We are asking for the same attention to the feral playerbase in regards to our energy resource. as far as I’m aware, this wouldn’t have any impact on pve or pvp for anyone else.

Additionally, on top of that, we have other changes for the benefit and health of the game. This time around, SSC and TK are being time gated. At the end of the day, we have established that s

2 Likes