Addressing the "unintended?" nerf to feral powershifting

Leave it to blizzard to scuff a system while trying to fix a system… Please fix this blizzard, and don’t mess anything else up in the process

3 Likes

I have to agree. Even as someone who primarily tanks as a feral druid in classic this energy tick affects us as well. I think most are against this because the change isn’t even directly aimed at feral druids. It feels more like we were caught in the cross fire of this change more than anything. Please give the feral community the same love and care you give to the more popular classes and give us a reply on this please.

1 Like

Please, we desperately need some feed back blizzard!

A power shifting issue akin to this one where you essentially lost a full 2 secs because your energy ticks reset upon shifting cropped up on the forums a few months ago.

Is this the same issue?

In either case it’s very distressing to hear that power-shifting has essentially been given a straight nerf and is not working in the same way it has all of Classic. Especially considering it appears to be a completely unintended consequence of another change.

To anybody that was going to chime in and say “good I don’t like power-shifting,” it’s almost certainly still going to be the standard. Getting 60 energy from a GCD or pausing your shift is still better than waiting 4-6 seconds. This may as well be a blanket nerf to feral dps.

2 Likes

Would definitely appreciate a comment from Blizzard on this. Seems very strange from them to cherry pick giving Paladins additional seals and twisting but then to nerf cats.

5 Likes

Patch 2.2: Power Regeneration: Any effect which triggers a change in your rate of power regeneration (Mana, Rage, Energy, Focus) will now cause an immediate reward of some power at the old rate of increase, and then begin new “ticks” of power at the new rate approximately 2 seconds later. This was done to improve functionality of abilities such as Evocation and Innervate so that they did not have wasted “ticks”.

My question is, how did this ever affect cat energy ticks? How does shifting into cat “change the rate of energy gain”? In current form, it only serves TO WASTE TICKS for cats. Blizzard, please respond.

4 Likes

Hey. The community still hasnt received an update on this subject, and we’re getting restless. Please blizzard, is this a change you guys intend to stand by ? :frowning:

3 Likes

Even just some thoughts on future plans, or lack thereof would be appreciated. Pre-patch is a great time to reroll for folks on the fence.

1 Like

Yes, please Blizzard just give us a small post about your thoughts on this.

2 Likes

In original 2.2, it affected ticks exactly as it does currently in the pre-patch / beta. But I agree with you, the resetting of ticks doesn’t match the intention of the 2.2 system, which is to only reset ticks when the regen rate actually changes, which it doesn’t when you powershift. So this is a perfect candidate for #somechanges to preserve the intent of the 2.2 system rather than the exact implementation.

2 Likes

Patch is going live today and we still have no response from bliz. Other classes got fixes for things like seal twisting yet we get nerfed for the entire expansion for an unintended bug introduced at the end of TBCs life cycle. At the very least revert the tick fix until 2.2 aka zula release. And keep it “true”

1 Like

It’s kind of crazy that they slow our rotation down by at least a second at the last minute and then don’t even make a post or wait to allow for player feedback or anything. The heavy-handedness with which they’re implementing this is discomforting.

2 Likes

wtb feral fixes pst

2 Likes

Save the Kittys!!!

3 Likes

“We play WoW alongside you…”
Doubt they play feral druids.

Putting my say in requesting the fix.

3 Likes

I recognize so many names in this thread.

Blizzard, this is a community. you don’t need to destroy us!!

We understand that maybe a fix can’t come out right now.

We just need to know where you stand on the subject. Kaivax has already addressed the instance limit, could we please have some sunshine on this subject?!

1 Like

I’m extremely curious to see what their response to this will be.

(bump)

1 Like

Meow meow. Meow meow meow. Meow.

(Pls blizzard, this is all the have. Don’t take away our one thing!)

2 Likes

Please blizzard. Let me powershift!!!

I got to do it in 2007 on kael thalas, let me do it in 2021 on kael thalas!!!

1 Like

Yo just wanted to chime in with the voices of the Feral community. To be unequivocally clear, the best possible scenario for us is Classic-style energy ticks like we’ve had for most of Beta so far and original BC. The most effective, and maybe more importantly, by far most fun version of the Feral DPS rotation relies on this style of energy ticks, giving it a unique playstyle that really makes cat far more than a “worse rogue”, even if that’s how it looks on meters.
Nerfed energy ticks completely change how we can manage our resources, and changes our gameplay from an active or proactive style, to an idle or at best, reactive style. Keeping Classic-style energy ticks is an extremely minor or even completely unnoticeable change from the current state from anyone else’s perspective, but makes a world of difference to this specialization.
Without Classic-style energy, the already off-meta cat druids will be faced with an even harder time and tighter stigma against bringing them to raids, and those who persevere will have a far less rewarding time for doing so.

8 Likes