Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic

so would dynamic respawns.

3 Likes

If only the 10x number wasn’t made up by players.

i just killed azuregos 5 times in a row , F yeah!

Dynamic respawns help queues now?

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if it is. It could be any number. The question is, will there be enough layers to push the realm to Vanilla levels and allow the economy to stabilize?

I suppose that data is based on the low population realms, and not on new realms without the ability to transfer. Is there any data that suggests that sort of thing wouldn’t be of any benefit?

2 Likes

I mean it is…

2 Likes

Who knows?

The current game suggest players don’t want to play on actual vanilla population sized realms.

There are dozens of those available and the forums refer to them as “dead realms”

4 Likes

What about layering for realms that are super populated on side. There are certain advantages to having layers. All realms should be layered if any are. Farming for AQ event? Layers op. STV Fishing Event?

Implement connected realms. Split the giant realms into two realms then reconnect them. The smaller realms connect multiples to make larger well balanced. The heavy horde, connect to heavy alliance. Connected realms are the solution here, not layers.

Please consider opening up transfers to the low/medium pop servers for those of us who don’t want to be on a layered server.

2 Likes

Who actually cares? Oh no. More people get stuff from them.

pathetic response. glad to see blizzard got their money from classic and doesnt actually care about the game! Thank you!

4 Likes

oh man i cant wait to get double world boss loot! thanks blizz

The free transfers off of Incendius ruined the server. Success. You should’ve kept an eye out and stopped it sooner. Too many left.

1 Like

I absolutely despise layering, I think it undermines a core foundational pillar of world building, emergent world pvp and world immersion. I understand that this is used as a solution for a temporary problem, but please find a way to tackle this issue without layering.

I said before, but I Remember the day they removed layering people were dueling outside ogrimmar like I remember in vanilla, now its a ghost town. Regional chat channels disregard alliance/horde threats and world pvp.

8 Likes

Blizzard, you’re making a huge mistake.

Trust have been already eroded with your core community, many people never left private servers because of layering in the first place.

A better, more permanent solution is to increase the caps OR force people/guilds to transfer by letting the queues go on.

Layering kills what made Vanilla WoW special, a populated server filled with random engagements across the world.

You’re disappointing the vast majority of hardcore players for the convenience of a vocal minority of casual tourists that want convenience above all, and refuse to transfer or put up with the queues.

4 Likes

… you just listed a bunch of ways of ruing the game. classic is classic. that means having the classic realm population what ever happened to #nochanges ? increasing realm pop from the start was the BIGGEST mistake you could of made and you’re only making it worse with free transfers to medium pop servers. you could increase mobs in an area, you could speed up spawn times, BL nodes you could add more. their are other ways to go about this…

1 Like

If you read the open leader thread both the pro and anti layering groups feel they are the majority.

A “classic” damned if you do damned if you don’t situation.

1 Like

Complete disgrace.

You promised us layers would only be in at launch.

They are not compatible with Classic WoW, I would rather queue to get into a better server than instantly log in to this layered garbage.

Shame on you.

6 Likes

Excellent decision. Layering sucks but not as much as 1+ hour queues. This is an acceptable temporary solution, but free transfers, character creation restrictions and other tools should continue to be used so that layering can eventually be removed.