Addressing dev hatred of hunters, part 2

Fine. We are discussing a MMORPG. In this genre there are trade-offs for each class. Strong in something. Weak in something. They offset. Hunter offers nothing but DPS. Again, that gimmick called Tranquil Shot is not something that counts as an offset. Warlock provides health stones and rez, porting, and exceptional magic DPS. Mage is admirably positioned with elemental effects on spells, like freezing. Mages have substantial ae spam. Mages provides conjured items and ports, which in themselves greatly improve preparation and timeliness for raids. With warlocks and mages a raid can bring forgotten items or gain rebuffs from cities. Rogues and warriors provide damage dispersion, off-tanking, niche target acquisitions, etc. Hunters provide … wait for it … DPS. So, hunters should best provide that one thing.

1 Like

I thought warriors were always the DPS kings?
They even have diamond flask scaling with healing to prove it.

Put the drink down. You’re done.

I don’t understand what you mean. Do you mean get rid of the Flask and you arent useful? Because warriors were always mainly built around damage. They are the crazy barbaric amazonians on steroids. Even the women have more testosterone than the manliest paladin.

Hunters do not instant cast, even our auto shots have a cast time, unlike any other physical dps. Pushback? Just because you can’t see a cast bar doesn’t mean it’s not happening - I’ve never looked into it further because I don’t need to, I can tell my shots are taking forever when I’m getting beat on. We do have a pet, which by the way is way better at not pulling stuff in dungeons than it ever was in original. I was also surprised when my pet didn’t lag behind while mounted, pulling everything even when I didn’t and eventually despawning by being too far away - I thought that change came after original sometime, but memories can be bad on this sort of thing.

Cry harder. Blizzard purposely wrecked THE ENTIRE Paladin class, as I said, back in the day. You’re complaining even still, after they did, in fact, fix bugs that were never fixed back in the day that will make you stronger. Hunters simply don’t scale as well as Warriors, a fact not found in it Vanilla when hunters WERE relatively strong. Yet, despite knowing they’ve buffed your class by fixing some old issues, you still want to complain as if ONLY hunters are getting the shaft.

Fact is, you’re being a whiny little petulant brat, and when Paladins try to commiserate, you insult them instead. So the short answer is, people like you deserve to suck at the game, because you want goodies handed to you instead of being focused on maximizing what IS possible. Most Pallies that played Vanilla remember getting the shaft, but are willing to try just to see how good things COULD have been. Meanwhile, YOU have proven the old “huntard” stereotype so hilariously true EVERYBODY in this thread thinks you’re a troll and a fool.

Dude, go look up Vanilla. Warriors were NOT DPS kings, and at the time any Warrior not a tank was a joke. Diamond Flask wasn’t popular because most of them didn’t know it scaled with +heal, nor that the effect snapshotted their +heal when used so the “Flask Set” is a Classic phenomenon, NOT a Vanilla one.

What part of your hunter experience isn’t meeting the expectations you set for a 15 year old game with no secrets left to discover?

1 Like

Okay - you’re here to whine. Got it. Go back to retail.

1 Like

Classic pets are awesome! Attack speed differentials make a lot of difference.

1 Like

He’s literally complaining about a perfectly viable pve dps class which also brings needed utility to a raid… not being able to top meters like a fully decked out fury warrior