Addressing dev hatred of hunters, part 2

When my damage burst and timestamp is equal to one frostbolt crit there is a combat design problem.

THE END

2 Likes

Just wait til TBC because it ain’t changing.

T H E E N D

5 Likes

To be fair it’s not just the devs. We all hate you.

16 Likes

probably, yes.

this is why all of that changed in TBC.

You picked the worst class in Classic even after everyone knew 16 years ago it was the worst class is Blizzard really to blame here?

2 Likes

Every class got more or less a tune-up towards the end of Vanilla but the hunter’s tune-up didn’t make it in on time. The hunter was dead last when the devs did a pass over on the class thus didnt make it into the vanilla version. The hunters changes came at start of BC. I have seen the original developers that worked on vanilla talk on the matter and explained on that is how it happened. So that is why it is what it is.

So, it belonged in vanilla, but long ago marketing decided TBC got precedent. So, absence of planned proper class balance was delayed because of retail. That sounds like it belongs in Classic now, and it appears the devs are proving they either still hate original hunters or are too lazy to earn their wages with a fix to that screwup. They found time to make Naxxramas easier by slowing frost damage, but they can’t find time to implement a patch that was supposed to be there. Yeah. So, the retail devs are working to add that carebear touch to Classic, but nothing that actually deserves to be done - like finally getting around to updating hunters. Sure.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4JCBM9zFdnNGLXk3

We had 4 hunters during our first KT kill. Hunters bring utility, and when properly played, good dps and convenience for the raid. We provide tank damage mitigation with our pet debuff (Screech), buff dps classes with Trueshot Aura, and fulfill required mechanics of a number of encounters.

If you are bent out of shape because your numbers aren’t as high as classes that possess infinite scaling in an environment that is essentially transitory, then I recommend you to stop fixating on the numbers and pay more attention to the gameplay and fun you are having with your friends and guildies.

13 Likes

The hunter re work was a major overhaul and they left it for last because it needed alot of work and when the development team finalized the changes it rolled out with BC.

i agree with you but the hunter classic even at the end of classic was still a major work in progress. I will cite some examples.

Arcane shot scaling with spell power
Pets having no scaling
Pet low survival rate due to no mitigation to area effect damage
channeling mend pet

These are just to name a few things that were corrected with the rework.

Back then there was no Vanilla it was just World of Warcraft and the changes came when the changes came. It just so happened that the devs were able to dedicate the time to fixing the class come burning crusade.

Your responses are appreciated. I was not aware of how the TBC hunter change transpired. Yes, the distinction between expansions is an important point. I posted many times prior to Classic release that 1.12 brought preparations for TBC, and this information you gave shows that it worked the other way also. Some vanilla stuff didn’t get finished until after TBC release. The blending is difficult to work out. I hope the devs do the right thing this time around by fixing hunters in the Classic museum.

Welcome to spell batching – an artificial way to deal with a problem that existed in 2004 but which does not exist anymore.

But we can request a stop off while on a flight path…

Pets lost their individuality in TBC when pet attack speed was “normalized” – meaning made all the same.

This of course destroyed the very reason many hunters had sought and tamed certain pets.

IMHO the best and only worthwhile change ever made to hunters was to make Mend Pet a HOT instead of channeled.

1 Like

only?..

The aoe damage reduction skill on pet is HUGE for pet survival.
Arcane shot scaling with Attack power instead of spell power is huge not to mention that will dispel a magical buff on the target being shot.

Plenty of noteworthy changes besides mend pet.

Not to mention Aimed shot doing a mortal strike debuff effect.

3 Likes

Hey it’s just my opinion…

Lets just call it by name… broken tooth… other than that you could tame Rakshiri for that nice Aqua skin. I have both :smiley: but raid with a wolf :confused:

Actually BT was the fastest (thak also) but there were other pets whose attack speed was also pretty faboo fast. For example, a shadowfang worg 1.2 attack speed… nice and just as effective against casters as BT, just slightly slower).

But hunters (like myself) also tamed substantially slower pets because they hit SO hard out of prowl.

The “normalization” read “nerf” really wrecked pet diversity.

2 Likes

As someone who’s coming from playing a Warrior, I knew very well playing a Hunter wouldn’t let me reach the top of the DPS mountain but I still challenged myself and was able to find ways to do great dps and beat Warriors/Rogues a lot of time (but not against the best), great dps is technical but doable and super enjoyable.

Walk a mile in paladin’s shoes before complaining about Dev’s hatered of any other class… kthx