Addressing dev hatred of hunters, part 2

Agreed bro, we can honestly just laugh in PALADIN lol

Man, this thread brings back memories. I played at launch for several years and just came back to classic last week. Nice to see that Hunter’s are still thought of as weak lol

I always enjoyed playing my hunter and did very well with it whether PVP’ing or raiding. Learning to basically control two characters was pretty important as well as proper rotation. Hell, back during Vanilla, hunters used to solo dungeon clearing of many of the 10-men and lower ones. It would take a while, but was doable with proper tactics.

And PvP was just a pure blast (no pun intended). I practically lived in the BG’s. I even had my rank outgrow my toon level, leaving me to drool at gear I could buy but not use. But I’m not really sure how well Hunter will now play in Classic due to a complete nerf of the macro system. There now seems to be a lot more different button clicking than there used to be (macros back in the day could get pretty insane).

But for now, I’m again enjoying reliving those early years. Probably won’t play for more than a few months. Definitely not going to look for that end-game PvE stuff. Just maybe get to the 39 or 49 PvP BG and play that until I get bored.

Really though, I imagine most people will just stop playing soon, as without additional new content, there’s only so much you’ll be able to do in Classic before you literally run out of stuff. Maybe BC will offer some new blood, but it’s all pretty finite and eventually you just loop back to where retail is now.

Trolls be trolling, and masquerading as a cow.

:eyes: <blink> :eyes: <blink>

um … k?

You lost me there. Imagine a pure DPS class caring about DPS most. I do not subscribe to the “expect less” newsletter. Thanks for trying.

Why do paladins always insert themselves into any conversation, seeking pity and attention? No one is qqing for that ret comedy. This is a thread about a class; the whole class; all builds; not some fringe solo self healing comedy build like ret. Stop trying to divert attention from the topic to yourself. I am stating an actual class balance problem that actually hurt the game. Hunter was neglected to the point of uselessness if not for the gimmick of Tranquil Shot. Consider, the devs failed with hunter so bad that they had to come up with a special raid purpose, being Tranquil Shot, that has nothing to do with the class specialty, being DPS, which they fail at in the meters. Oh, but paladins can’t solo WoW? <facepalm>

1 Like

You seem angry, or pretending to be angry, or need to vent about things for whatever reason. Adjust your expectations, because it is doubtful things will change in the immediate future.

Quoted from the post just before yours.

What the fridge magnet are you on about? You do realize Blizzard has recently buffed you? How do they hate you?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-1136-ptr-patch-notes/667443
https://www.wowhead.com/news=318385/hunter-buffs-auras-and-buffs-will-properly-apply-to-ranged-attack-power-in-wow-c

1 Like

Gonna turn you into mashed potatoes.

The troll wagon has parked I see.

Fixing code so that it properly applies a buff that all classes get is not a buff to that class. It might feel like a slight buff, but we’re discussing the hunter class. A class so loathed, even by today’s devs, that it took 15 months for that fix to come, and for them to admit that it was done to make “Hunters more viable!” More viable. Do you understand that phrase? It means that the company is publicly acknowledging phase 5 hunters as teetering on unviable (without relevance, uninvitable) without that fix to world buffs. Consider, how many game companies admit when they botched a class so bad? It’s rare right? Still, hunters scale so badly with stats that the fix now sometimes allows the most pumping hunter to reach top 10 in the damage meters. Hunters! A class with the sole purpose of doing DPS.

Listen man. Think of it like this. YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL YOU GOT THAT CHANGE BECAUSE IT NEVER EXISTED in 2006!!! You want to go back to 2006?

I do appreciate devs doing their job to fix their mistakes. I should hope their motivation is their very nice paycheck, though, not my appreciation.

1 Like

They did but if we make every class = to each other like retail the game becomes another BFA

I didn’t ask for equality amongst classes. Don’t be stubborn because your point was proven to be a joking matter. Hunter is a DPS class in a raid. It’s not making water, porting, providing rezzes, click-n-forget buffing. It’s giving Trueshot Aura or Nature Resist if it can stay within range without dying, and it provides Tranquil Shot, which doesn’t really count, since a raid could literally swap hunters in and out if needed for a boss. A DPS class must DPS exceptionally, or it’s not worth its salt. This thread is about a hunter fulfilling its role. There is nothing about equality in that.

I was talking about equality among just the dps, not the entire class spell for spell lol.

Fine. We are discussing a MMORPG. In this genre there are trade-offs for each class. Strong in something. Weak in something. They offset. Hunter offers nothing but DPS. Again, that gimmick called Tranquil Shot is not something that counts as an offset. Warlock provides health stones and rez, porting, and exceptional magic DPS. Mage is admirably positioned with elemental effects on spells, like freezing. Mages have substantial ae spam. Mages provides conjured items and ports, which in themselves greatly improve preparation and timeliness for raids. With warlocks and mages a raid can bring forgotten items or gain rebuffs from cities. Rogues and warriors provide damage dispersion, off-tanking, niche target acquisitions, etc. Hunters provide … wait for it … DPS. So, hunters should best provide that one thing.

1 Like

I thought warriors were always the DPS kings?
They even have diamond flask scaling with healing to prove it.

Put the drink down. You’re done.

I don’t understand what you mean. Do you mean get rid of the Flask and you arent useful? Because warriors were always mainly built around damage. They are the crazy barbaric amazonians on steroids. Even the women have more testosterone than the manliest paladin.

Hunters do not instant cast, even our auto shots have a cast time, unlike any other physical dps. Pushback? Just because you can’t see a cast bar doesn’t mean it’s not happening - I’ve never looked into it further because I don’t need to, I can tell my shots are taking forever when I’m getting beat on. We do have a pet, which by the way is way better at not pulling stuff in dungeons than it ever was in original. I was also surprised when my pet didn’t lag behind while mounted, pulling everything even when I didn’t and eventually despawning by being too far away - I thought that change came after original sometime, but memories can be bad on this sort of thing.

Cry harder. Blizzard purposely wrecked THE ENTIRE Paladin class, as I said, back in the day. You’re complaining even still, after they did, in fact, fix bugs that were never fixed back in the day that will make you stronger. Hunters simply don’t scale as well as Warriors, a fact not found in it Vanilla when hunters WERE relatively strong. Yet, despite knowing they’ve buffed your class by fixing some old issues, you still want to complain as if ONLY hunters are getting the shaft.

Fact is, you’re being a whiny little petulant brat, and when Paladins try to commiserate, you insult them instead. So the short answer is, people like you deserve to suck at the game, because you want goodies handed to you instead of being focused on maximizing what IS possible. Most Pallies that played Vanilla remember getting the shaft, but are willing to try just to see how good things COULD have been. Meanwhile, YOU have proven the old “huntard” stereotype so hilariously true EVERYBODY in this thread thinks you’re a troll and a fool.

Dude, go look up Vanilla. Warriors were NOT DPS kings, and at the time any Warrior not a tank was a joke. Diamond Flask wasn’t popular because most of them didn’t know it scaled with +heal, nor that the effect snapshotted their +heal when used so the “Flask Set” is a Classic phenomenon, NOT a Vanilla one.