Addons, where are they now?

I’ve just returned after many months, and everything has changed so much, I can barely figure things out. Mainly, how do I activate addons on my characters? They are updated and enabled on the log-in screen, and they are working on some characters, but not on others. I thought I remembered activating them from the world map, but I don’t see anything there. I see an addon button above the minimap, but only 1 addon is listed.

Welcome back!

Your addons are likely out of date.

What do/did you use to manage your addons?

I use “WowUp with CurseForge” from https://wowup.io/ for managing addons from Curseforge.com Once you have told it what addons to manage, it will present the list of addons to update and do it all with a single click.

What I personally would do is rename the dirtectory

__retail__\Interface\Addons so I could start fresh, not worrying about some old addon conflicting, but you don’thave to do that.

You could run WoWUp, search for each of your addons, and tell it to install them. That will overwrite whatever is there and let WoWUp know that it is to manage updates from now on.

As stated, they are all updated. I used Curse to update them.

OK, then look at how consistent is what you’re seeing.

In your directory

World of Warcraft\ __retail__\Interface\Addons

you will see a list of subdirectories, one for each addon you have installed.

But you say that when you look at Addons in game, only one is listed.

Assuming that there is more than one subdirectory in Addons, that is an inconsistency.

Is your “Load out of data addons” box ticked when you look at your Addons menu?

Are you sure you updated them all to the right place?

Looking at that directory, I see everything I should have. The only one listed in game is Rematch. However I have a map coordinates addon, and my coordinates show just fine on some characters, but not all. There are others that are working on some characters, but not all.

I did click to load out of date addons, before I actually updated them. As far as updating them to the right place, I don’t know. I just used Curse to update.

Edit: I just clicked on “Enable All” The map coordinates, at least are showing up on a character that they were nnot earlier.

OK,

You do have to Enable each addon, so “Enable All” makes sense.

Can you identify an addon you see in your directory but not in you Addons menu? Maybe focus on that to see if iy yields any ideas.

Thanks for the input

If memory serves, not all addons have an in-game access. What I usually do is bring up the game menu (? button). There is an Addons button which shows you what addons are currently in use (checkbox list). For individual addon menus, there is the Options button which brings up a window which has two tabs, Game and Addons. Selecting the Addons tab will list those addons that have options you can customize. Hope this helps.