Addons Uninstall issues

Hey, everyone! I’m having issues disabling/removing addons, as they’re not on my computer in their folder to begin with. For context: I used to play on a laptop, but I’ve recently switched to my desktop. I recently reinstalled WoW again, but I found that the addons are still on my game even though I’ve switched computers and I cannot find a way to remove them. I checked the folder that they’d be placed in, however, they are not there. I downloaded CurseForge to see if it somehow was still affecting my WoW even though it wasn’t installed. Even CurseForge did not detect the addons anywhere, so I’m kind of at loss on how to remove them. I haven’t been able to find a fix anywhere yet, so I’ve come here as a last ditch effort. Most addons that I used to have are not there as they shouldn’t be. It is mostly UI addons that still appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Addon data should be in the WTF folder of your client folder. More info here.

Note that deleting the entire contents of the WTF might also remove things like keybindings. If you don’t want this, let me know and I can go go my computer and see if there’s a more precise way to just remove addon settings.

Edit: it looks like it’s the SavedVariables.lua file under something like X:/World of Warcraft Install Dir/WTF/Account/ACCOUNTNAME/:

As always, recommend backing up any folders you intend on editing :slight_smile:

If I just delete the WTF folder, will it just replace itself upon next game startup? And it won’t have any lasting affects on the game will it? Apologies. I’m not all that computer savvy. I’m fine with redoing keybinds if I must. I don’t really doing anything crazy with them anyways.

Yes, the contents will repopulate. I’d back up the folder contents just as a precaution.

It will delete UI settings (macros, keybinds, addon settings). As long as you’re ok starting fresh, you can delete.

Let me know if that works for you.

Hm, it does not seem that anything has changed. Perhaps the interface has changed since I last played? I haven’t played for about a year and half. If this is the case, I apologize for being an idiot.

Here’s an old blue post:

Its possible you may have more than one installation of WoW on your computer? Have you installed WoW to another location besides C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft ?

If you use a desktop shortcut to start up WoW, right-click on it, and click on Properties. Then click on “Find target…”. This will open up the right WoW folder. Then delete the Interface, Cache, and WTF folders.

Let me know if that works!

It does not appear to be anywhere except on my C\Program Files (x86). It’s odd. These addons are haunting me XD

1 Like

Which add-ons? What are you seeing in your interface? Did you also delete the interface and cache folders along with WTF as suggested in the last post?

/console cvar_default

When I returned to WoW, my UI was giving me a bunch of errors I could not get rid of, even after deleting everything multiple times. After I found this command, in the advanced pull down section on https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549, everything with reset to default. EVERYTHING. But the problems were resolved.

1 Like