Addons and macros

So I am getting my priest up and am having a blast healing as holy. I was wondering what addons and what macros you like to use. I recently made a macro for my angelic feather so it always casts on me so dps won’t steal it, and was wondering what other tricks I don’t know about.

For instant health restoration on yourself and getting more out of healing potions, in this order:
/cast Desperate Prayer
/use insert potions, healthstone, phials

1 Like

The only real addon I use is WeakAuras for general layout. If anyone out there has an addon that announces procs and skill cooldowns as part of rolling combat text, please share. I’m just looking for something that puts words on my screen when something like Void Bolt procs, or Mind Games is on cooldown etc.

As for macros, here are some of the ones I use. They’re probably excessive and could be streamlined but I’m lazy and don’t care. Use them if you want, if you don’t then don’t. I’m sure someone else can make them look prettier. /shrug

I basically have this for every heal and buff:
#showtooltip InsertRandomSkill
/cast [@mouseover, exists, help, nodead] [@focus, exists, nodead, help] [exists, nodead, help] [@player] InsertRandomSkill;

A few of my heal skills I do this instead so I can use 1 keybind for offense and support. Smite, SWP, SWD, Holy Fire, Mind Blast, etc.
#showtooltip Renew
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@focus,help,nodead] [help,nodead] Renew; [harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain; [@player] Renew

I have this for my generic dispell:
#showtooltip [nospec:3]Purify; [spec:3] Purify Disease
/cast [@mouseover, help,nodead][]Purify
/cast [@mouseover, help,nodead][]Purify Disease
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm,nodead] Dispel Magic

I have this for nearly every shadow skill:
#showtooltip InsertShadowSkill
/cancelaura Dispersion
/cast [noform] !Shadowform; InsertShadowSkill;

I also have Void Bolt and SWD on a single key just because I find I use both interchangeably when conduit procs etc.
#showtooltip Void Bolt
/cast Void Bolt;
/cast Shadow Word: Death

I use vuhdo for my raid frames & mouseover healing, I have a ton of healers and swear by vuhdo. I have weakauras as well but don’t use it as much on my priest as I do other characters.

The only macro that I feel like is a must is the angelic feather macro - that way it auto casts it on you and you can use it as a speed boost without having to manually place it on the ground.
/cast [@player] Angelic Feather
/stopspelltarget
(there is probably a better way to write it but I’ve had it for forever and it still works :woman_shrugging:)