Addon to remove bag slots

Is there an addon that hides the bottom 4 slots of your main bag?

IE the “free” slots from the authenticator? My authenticator was removed and I can’t use the mobile app because I care about privacy and data don’t own a smartphone. My flip phone makes calls just fine.

Are those slots still visible in the bag display? That seems weird.

Do they still show up somehow if you switch to a combined bag?

Not weird at all, it’s on purpose. They know it’s annoying and want you to sign up to their app to make it go away.

Yes, they’re visible when you combine bags. It even moves to the top to make sure you see it anytime you open your bags.

EDIT: I even found a simple addon some guy on the MMOChampion forums made. Blizz broke the script. A lone rando and they went and made sure you can’t use his method anymore.

2 Likes

I doubt its anything so malicious as you’re implying. Blizz changed how bags and many other UI elements were structured when they redid the UI for DF, its likely just a side effect of that.

Also, if you post the script, one of the regulars may be able to update it for you.

hooksecurefunc(“ContainerFrame_GenerateFrame”,function(frame,_,id)
local name=frame:GetName()
if id==0 then
_G[name…“AddSlotsButton”]:SetShown(false)
end
end)

pretty much all of the bag addons would bypass that.

Yeah, like Ark mentioned, switching to an addon should resolve the issue.

As for why the script no longer works, it appears those frames may no longer have explicit names
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/live/Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame.lua#L2393

1 Like

As Elvenbane’s link shows, the name was replaced with a parent key so for a direct replacement:

hooksecurefunc("ContainerFrame_GenerateFrame", function(frame,_,id)
    if id == 0 then
        frame.AddSlotsButton:Hide()
    end
end)

1 Like

Didn’t work. All it did was hide the little green + button that sends you to go get their app. The unusable slots themselves are still there.

Then that’s all the original version of the code did.

Would changing Hide() to the SetShown(0) from the original macro possibly produce a different result?

Line 2417 in the API code leverages IsShown()
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/live/Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame.lua#L2417

SetShown is just a toggle for Show()/Hide() and IsShown tells you wether or not a thing’s state is set to Show or Hide. It’s not changing what is Shown/Hidden, which is a button based ont the AddExtendedSlotsButtonTemplate.

<Button name="AddExtendedSlotsButtonTemplate" hidden="true" frameLevel="510" virtual="true">
		<Size x="28" y="28"/>
		<NormalTexture atlas="Bags-icon-AddAuthenticator"/>
		<PushedTexture atlas="Bags-icon-AddAuthenticator"/>
		<HighlightTexture atlas="Bags-icon-AddAuthenticator" alphaMode="ADD" alpha="0.4"/>

<Scripts>
			<OnEnter>
				GameTooltip:SetOwner(self, "ANCHOR_LEFT");
				GameTooltip:SetText(BACKPACK_AUTHENTICATOR_INCREASE_SIZE, 1, 1, 1);
				GameTooltip:Show();
			</OnEnter>
			<OnLeave function="GameTooltip_Hide"/>
			<OnClick>
				StaticPopup_Show("BACKPACK_INCREASE_SIZE");
			</OnClick>
		</Scripts>
	</Button>

Which on click just runs a static popup asking if you want to “Increase Backpack Size”.

Not code for hiding actual bag slots.

(I just didn’t feel the need to hunt this down as the original code was posted as doing what was needed.)

1 Like

That didn’t do it either.

It wasn’t meant to. It was explaining why your original code post wouldn’t have worked even if Blizzard hadn’t changed anything.

The wife and I were talking in bed a few nights ago about some medication she wants to try.
Lo and Behold my android phone and tablet started bombarding me with ads for that exact medication…somehow…magically. lmao
That happens so much now that its a running joke around here with family and friends.
I dont blame you at all but you also need to make sure that none of your other devices are listening either.
Google tries to pretend its just for advertising and they’d never actually listen in to your private conversations, but i believe that as far as I can lob a Buick, lmao

1 Like