Addon Like Personal Loot Helper?

People keep shoving items in my arms wordlessly while I’m doing dungeon runs and every time it’s an upgrade, so I’m guessing there’s an addon that tells you if party members get an upgrade. All I can find like that is Personal Loot Helper, which has not gotten an update in over a year – what are people using?

1 Like

Likely they’re just inspecting you and making a judgement call about “This dude needs it more than me.”

… or Shadowlands is over a year old and maybe Personal Loot Helper hasn’t needed updating (yet).

If PHL still runs, that may be what they are using. I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

The obvious answer. I guess I’m overadapted to addons breaking on patch when, tbf, the game hasn’t really been that volatile during an expansion in a while.

It seems to work for now. Thanks for the clue-by-four.

PLH still works fine. The only thing it doesn’t support is tier tokens.

1 Like

The addon no longer works for me, does anyone know of an alternative?

I haven’t seen one. Been trying to fix PLH for myself but it’s now triggering a “there’s over 200 local variables” error so it needs a bit of a rework.

I’d like to try updating it. Where would I get the source code?

The addon licence is All RIghts Reserved. You can update it for your own personal use but you shoudn’t publicly release the changed version.

That said, the addon itself is the source code.

If you do get it working though, please let others know.

I know this is a late response but I found an addon called PersoLootRoll that works essentially in the same way, it will tell you when someone loots something that is an upgrade for you, or if you loot something that is an upgrade for someone else. You can then start a roll or automatically pm them asking them for it. Even cooler is you can adjust custom whisper lines that are used when you use this feature.