Additional Fated Power in Season 4 Fated Raids

This seems fair.

If one thing was for sure, no one was saying: “If there’s one thing SFO was missing… it was COMPLEXITY.”

IMHO: Don’t really think we need a system that adds yet more mechanics to these fights.

This season has killed my guild’s heroic group completely, and it’s even hard getting people interested in running alts or achievements on normal at this point. People are just dropping off like flies. Most common reason given: It’s just not fun.

Small sample size of course, but if a group like ours that gets together primarily for the fun of playing with each other (and for the raid secondarily) is coming out of this in such a bad position, I imagine a lot of guilds out there are in the same situation. Adding an extra affix will be detrimental to our group’s morale so we’ll likely be keeping it turned off.

2 Likes

Spark is negative fun. Emitter is neutral fun (until you miss a kick). Barrier just kind of exists and you dont really notice it. Motes are the only actual ‘fun’ one. And that’s really only because every time they spawn you have the capacity to go absolute aoe ham on non-threatening mobs. Can’t really go wrong there.

The only time barrier is fun is when it allows you to sneak some extra damage on bosses that push at static %s, like painsmith and sylvanas.

You can do quite a bit of cheese with Barrier. Like damaging bosses through “immunity phases” and pumping a ton of damage into them during “vulnerability” phases.

Can we confirm there’s still no way to disable Fated once all are active and not on a rotation?

Our guild did a heroic fated CN Hungering Destroyer tonight and encountered a total of 4 creation sparks practically every single time. Normally we run almost two hours each raid, however, frustration was so high because of these sparks that we stopped early and called it a night.

These things are not fun when you get overwhelmed. We only had 14 people in the raid but why on earth did we end up with 4 creation sparks every pull is beyond me.

I was trying to find information about it but was unable to. Even our tanks and raid leader were not sure why either, so if anyone can shine some light on this, please do.

1 Like