Add a 'target lowest health in los' functionality

In arena you can keybinds three targets, that’s fine. In bgs it’s actually super unfun to heal by staring at a grid of health bars and clicking the lowest one that isn’t greyed out due to range over and over while pressing your rotation.

There’s no skill to it and it breaks game immersion.

Can you please add the ability to macro ‘targest lowest health ally in range’ so healers can have fun in rbgs too?

1 Like

This is botting lol

3 Likes

Yeah. Let me bot the skill less unfun parts of the game, like keeping track of diminishing returns and spell cooldowns (already made possible) and targeting who I want to target (not yet possible)

And force me to actively play the fun parts of the game, like positioning rotation/ability usage etc

What is this, what are you doing in this post.

Smart targeting would be botting if it’s not chain heal or whatnot

And lowest health target isn’t always necessarily the highest prio heal target anyway

1 Like

Remove dribbling from basketball tier argument

5 Likes

Uh. I don’t know what the word botting means to you. If you could connect my brain to the computer and I made all the decisions via neuralink that’s not botting that’s just an awesome interface.

I’m saying there’s a super unfun part of healing large groups, namely the staring at a grid and clicking on boxes.

And I’m saying the game would be a lot better for healers (dps don’t have this problem) if they could keybinds a ‘target lowest health ally, ideally in range and line of sight’ which is information that is visually available.

Acting on that information effectively is part of the skill expression in this game even if you personally and subjectively and lonesomely consider it boring

Alternate answer: this function exists just play fistweaver lol

1 Like

This is also incorrect

1 Like

Yes!! And I’m saying that’s horrible game design, and am advocating for a change.

What is this is/ought confusion. I can trivially easily look at a grid of squares and see what is greyed out due to range and probably know also who’s in line of sight. Then clicking on the lowest one is tedious and immersion game breaking and is the main reason I never enjoy healing bgs as a healer

There’s no skill to it it’s just tedious. Everyone is equally good at this. It serves no purpose except to make healing less fun

You are mistaken in this contention

1 Like

There’s several angles this deserves attention. Most simply, if you do a good job keeping track of what all your enemies and allies are doing in 3d space, the effects they have on your group health bars will not be surprising and you won’t have to pay attention to it nearly as much

And in general, this game’s every single fundamental PvP skill is nonimmersive. This would be an equally ridiculous complaint about Dr trackers

What you just described has existed in raids since the inception of the game, and somehow, I’ve never personally heard/seen a relatively successful raid healer make this same assertion/suggestion.

It sounds like this is a you problem, imo.

Two points

1. I’m not ‘surprised’ by whose health is lowest. I’m annoyed by the mechanical tediousness of having to click to target.
  2. healing in raids is just as bad. I hate healing raids as well, and plenty of healers I’ve talked to dislike the targeting part of it
    Pve’ers in general have 50 weakauras and are more used to spaceship UI’s. The fun part of pvp is looking at your screen and being surprised and adapting. You can do that in arena. It’s much harder in larger group contents.

Wow is almost devoid of skill shots, acquiring targets is fixed and you just want to be able to press a button to pick the right target for you, in range, and in LoS and don’t think that’s too automated?

At that point you just macro all your heals into that bind and don’t even face the battle, hell, just turn off your monitor if you see what I’m getting at

Netflix and heal

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry man this complaint just makes you either bad or lazy. If it’s difficult you’re bad and if it’s tedious you’re lazy. SOME players can’t manage this, and thus it is part of the skill expression of playing the game

Okay, use what you see on your screen to predict which health bar will need your attention so that you don’t have to play the boring bar watch game

Give me a bind that targets lowest HP, least defensives, off stun DR please I want to focus on picking my dingleberries

3 Likes

Don’t start giving people ideas!

I can’t confirm or deny the accuracy of this anecdote, but I can say that when I raided and played with pretty solid healers, I never heard them complain about this a single time.

I’ve also never seen/heard players like Nick, Driney, Maevy, etc complain about this either, but maybe they have.

I will say that if even 50.00001% of healers felt this way, it would’ve been changed long ago… hence the you problem thing.

Fair enough. I agree I am bad and will avoid content that I don’t enjoy because it involves spending most of my time staring at health bars and clicking, and stick to arena or m+