Add a new race to each faction that adds real diversity

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

me like tendies

Yes the Alliance does have a “bland brand” issue. Sure, you have wolf people and blue people, but that doesn’t compare with what the Horde has for options. BUT, both factions could realistically use more, better, more interesting races.

WoW is a great-big universe sized game, the potential is limitless.

I one 100% agree, theirs so many great ideas on the forums.

Tuskarr and Ogres/Mok’Nathal are my dream for Alliance and Horde, I just want a new race for that fresh feel that Shadowlands is lacking.

I hope we have other Tuskarr lovers out their, they so unique and interesting, far different from anything we been given.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/98153-captured-tuskarr-prisoner.jpg

https://external-preview.redd.it/WRw3gZrwjU5hSljw2jM95c2KcThOl-RqSlZAIvxBpQY.jpg?auto=webp&s=d48400c4bd4b6cd0c4b8bbfcefc8db70734d64d2

1 Like

I always dreamed of for Druids restoration should have Keepers of the grove and Dryads as their form for males and females… seems so fitting.

3 Likes

Alliance should get Gonks

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/3b/e1/043be13be1d39c9e90a06d9d06d8b295.jpg

Horde get Sesame Street Aliens

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/9/9f/TheMartiansHoopersStore.jpg

2 Likes

Tuskarr definitely could be Shamans for the Alliance, just saying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The covenant races would be great!

1 Like

ogres for alliance it is.

I want a Murlock race, could be neutral like pandas are at the start.

Hey so long as playable I’ll take it.

I take it that you read some of the concepts for BFA? Since you wanted the mushroom men of Zandalar playable.

I’ll type out the gist of it here for you others.
The Fungarians mainly live underground in Zandalar. One idea during the concept phase was to have an extra underground zone below Nazmir where we would work with the Fungarians and fight corrupted Fungarians and G’huuns corruption. This later became the underrot just as Azjol’Nerub went from a real zone to just a dungeon in wotlk.

The fungarians themselves don’t have males or females, they just procreate by spores, their caps grow with age until they start having trouble moving, at this point in time they venture to their ancient groves made of other old fungarians that can’t move anymore, and where younger fungarians can come and take part of their wisdom.
A planned plot point was that G’huun started corrupting these groves.

Also, several members of the art team pushed for the fungarians to become an allied race, although in the end they and their zone were scrapped. This is also why they just show up randomly with no real lore during BFA.

steamwheedle goblins for alliance, leper gnomes for horde. leper gnomes have been working for the apothecaries for a long-time, and have been slaves to the belves, might as well make’em legit members of the horde.

also, since most goblins have been neutral to the faction war, it would make sense for some of them to join the alliance. heck, in one of the bfa short stories, we hear that some preffer the alliance’s way of doing things compared to the horde. …mind you, this was when sylvanas was in-charge, but still!

or, OR, mogu for horde, vrykul for alliance. both are ancient races, both would bring lore to each faction, and honestly… i think the idea of ji being REALLY uncomfortable at horde meetings would be hilarious.

Gilgoblins instead of Vulpera could have also worked. It would fit in with the way the other allied races were done. The only issue with mechagnomes is that the design could have been better.

1 Like

Let there be alliance Tauren and horde worgen. Ez fix

By Horde worgen, do you mean that their “human” form would be an already existing horde race, or do you want them to straight up copy the gilneas worgen?

Dunno. Humans still I guess

Yeah, I’m fully against giving humans to Horde or Orcs to the Alliance. They’re the very core races of the factions.
I’d rather if another race got the worgen curse, maybe the orcs would be a good candidate? They love their wolves after all.

I’d love an allied race for each of the covenants that are faction-neutral.

1 Like

Nope. Never heard of that. Just recalling the quests with lunatic mushrooms.

My preferences would be: Saberon for horde, and not really sure for alliance.

Shadowlands could bring some races in after 10.0 is out-
Venthyr for horde
Skeleton guys for Horde
Kyrian for alliance
Fawn people for alliance

Also:
Ogres
Sethrakk
Saurok
Eredar
Arrakoa of either type would be awesome.
Jinyuu or the underwater guys from 8.2.
Mogu
Ethereals

2 Likes