Add 2 PvP enabled servers to Hardcore

Nah, era doesn’t need more spam from HC - allowing ears to xfer over was already enough.

Just drop a pvp server and call it a day :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PVP HC just sounds like a game of “either you make it to 60 in the launch week or you are eternally ganked by 60’s as a lowbie”

Also faction imbalance could lead to you LITERALLY killing off the other faction. This just sounds like an all around really dumb idea.

2 Likes

It sounds cool to some people, because everyone thinks that THEY will be the level 60 ganking, not the level 20 getting crushed in the Barrens.

Or they overestimate the number of people who would stick with that mess (look at base HC population) and don’t realize that you’d have an empty server quickly.

Let wow die then. Either they revolutionize and keep trying to keep their playerbase, or people will eventually leave. WoW goes F2P and hackers and bots have more fun than ever.

Not sure if you meant to reply to me by accident or not but I have dozens of HC attempts and multiple 50+ toons on Whitemane with SoI to prove it.

Well this is factually wrong or hyperbole at best.

Please give us a hardcore pvp server, here are pure commentators non pvp players, but if you release a hc pvp server it will be a success.

I don’t mind if they add a basic stealth spell rune for all classes, make mounts inheritable, make leveling faster. But please add pvp, for me without pvp it’s not a hardcore server, the experience of surviving pvp is the most hardcore there can be.

Dead in two months; not worth the server or further fragmentation. Two servers is doubly nuts.

You’re picturing small individual fights organically unfolding; the reality would be a hunt by gank squads the dominant faction.

1 Like

One would become the Horde server, the other Alliance. One server would be better if this were a thing.

I wish they would, it’d be fun to place bets on it’s longevity. I’d wager a couple months until it’s one faction.

Do it the hard way or not at all. This doesn’t belong on Era. :-1:t4:

1 Like

This!
If HC PvP server then only one.

1 Like

My friend, there are two active HC servers right now, one of which “medium” and the other is “low” population… How could you possibly think making a 3rd server would be good thing?

Im aware its not the same as a PvP server, but, if you just type /pvp… you’re good to go right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is not, because the rules of the game are not even. If I like leveling with pvp on, a level 60 can appear, who has climbed all the way without pvp on, and activate the pvp only for the situations that suit him, who ganks from there. It is not fair, it spoils the essence of a pvp server. If in a pvp server another player killed you, he became superior to you without cheating, in such a case I recognize that I was beaten.

i Agree completely i bought wow in order to lvl on hardcore and pvp some people, grinding without the reward of getting to f some people up is just grinding and what fun is that. Pls add at east 1 hardcore pvp sever where i can build a solid guild and roll around hunting down player killers

Why don’t you start a new toon and flag yourself. Somehow manage to make it to 60 and stay flagged. I am certain you will get pvp’d at some point

be 95% stealth characters and group ganking , wont get the population for this.

1 Like

This could work on a hardcore lite version. Where you cant rez if you die, but you can be revived by classes that can rez you.

1 Like

You’d only need one.

1. The population would be small
  2. If you have more than one, they will become single faction in short order.
1 Like

That has to be one of the dumbest strawmans
i’ve ever seen.

“Oh you don’t want HC PVP because you clearly want no innovation ever and for the game to wither and die!”

No I just think HC PVP is a really dumb idea. I think the game should continue to evolve and grow…just not into HC PVP.

1 Like

Even if the server has a few hundred people it is probably worth trying it.

It may be a niche thing with only a few dozen people playing, or it could develop into a complex world with norms and rules that people mostly adhere to and it is actually semi possible to level up and join if you wish.

Raiding guilds could move around the world as units and protect each other.

1 Like

I don’t think I have seen a single PvP guild, or even one person brave enough to turn on the PvP flag on the current HC servers, and now with both the current HC servers being low population, why would Blizzard waste money to spin up what would be a dead server?

A HC PvP server would be DOA as it would only take a single rogue to get to a high level where they could then completely destroy the other side, most PvP servers struggle even with out being HC and turn into single faction servers. The PvP people would demand more rules and changes, in a hope that they could make a server viable, but it never would be. Seeing as how most players can’t handle DC deaths, and all the crying we get, the effect of the PvP ganking would be far worse.

If people really want to PvP, as HC, there is nothing stopping them on the current servers, and they could even create events between like leveled groups, but again, there simply doesn’t seem to be anyone that really wants to even try.

It’s a niche within a niche, kind of like SF is. SF didn’t get its own server, so I can’t see them investing $$ into a HCPvP server either. You’re asking corporate America to invest time and money into a server that might host a couple dozen players? They prefer to invest in feeding whales.
Personally, I’d love to see this type of server, if only to watch how it all plays out. It’s not going to happen though.