Actual Bad Luck Protection

This isnt much of a rant and sadly I dont really have stats to back this up but the “bad luck protection” for the legendary needs bad luck protection or something. I get the retort that “if it were easy to acquire it wouldnt be much of a legendary” but come on now.

Ive put in so much time and effort into getting this legendary, ive been in the raid and showing up to raid, learning my rotation and making steady improvements to get better and every single time I dont see it drop for all of my efforts it really just leans into me that I shouldnt be playing this game despite me growing up with it.

There is some enjoyment of being a ret pally and exceeding expectations on single target damage is enjoyable and I like playing my class but shooting for something youve worked towards and repeatedly doing so only to NEVER get the reward youre after or losing said reward to a lower damage DPS is just exhausting

6 Likes

I mean the legendary can drop in LFR so it’s pretty much a case of everyone should be able to get this legendary. The rng drops just seems like some terrible way to timegate it. Add that you need then next to spend many hours and gold just to be able to use it, which makes it way worse and even worse for alts if you play multiple classes that can use it.

Would have been better if it was purple without a questline and without the ilvl boost.

1 Like

This is my first expansion being in a position to get any legendaries while they’re current, so someone can tell me to shoo for suggesting this if they did as current content, but would it be better if it were like Dragonwrath? From my understanding, while every caster got the quest, only one could really work on it at a time in a group. I got Dragonwrath for the special mount form from the Blue Dragonflight questline with Senegos, Kalecgos, Malygos, and Sindragosa. It was a real pain, but then you’re not relying on RNG. However, if they do it like how I think they did back then, you’re also giving up the opportunity for multiple people to get it and be working on it at the same time or close to the same time.

1 Like

It’s a LEGENDARY.

You shouldn’t be able to plug enough quarters into the little machine till the tattoo you actually wants comes out. mostly because it LEGENDARY.

2 Likes

If you can get it from LFR I would argue that it’s only a legendary in name.

Seems Color and Drop rate too.

The color is cosmetic and the drop rate doesn’t make something legendary.
The red scythe of argus is epic and has a low drop rate.

I made a joke. You missed it. I’ll admit it prolly wasn’t that good. but you and I are officially debating different things now. So. Yea. You’re now 100% percent wrong as opposed to 100% not right a few moments ago.

I think you just dislike people using logic. Have a nice day.

Well it could be worse, you could be one of the classes with out and have never even had one.

It’s a myth to keep you returning to the slot machine.

2 Likes

Yes, please move along. Nobody ever told me that after a certain post count you take yourself overly serious. I hope that never happens to me.

1 Like

A much better case if it means that your class gets to do their top dps without needing to get the legendary. Which in this case is pretty bad.

I think we understand now that you’re just here to waste people time.

2 Likes

Oh I agree that you shouldn’t be balanced around getting a super rare weapon. But if they make it more common, then they either need to do that or make it only marginally better than other top tier items in that slot.

The weapon is already “common”, it can drop from LFR.
And yes if you make a legendary it better means that the classes that can use it will be better else why bother?
It’s a glorified cosmetic piece that makes all those classes experience worse as they got balanced on it.

1 Like

Lol exceeding now?

and I keep fishing you up. I love catch and release. Gunna bite again? What to do, what to do.

1 Like

1 Like

Oh no, after 7 weeks available, you don’t have an orange epic? Gosh, that must be rough. The fact that you think you’re “losing said reward to a lower damage DPS” is misleading too. You didn’t lose anything; you wouldn’t have gotten it even if that player wasn’t there. Does it make you happier seeing other people not get stuff?

2 Likes

The problem is, every 2h plate dps is currently balanced around having the axe, so if you don’t have it, you’re screwed.
It also feels bad when you finally get the axe and there’s classes that still out-dps you.

2 Likes