Activision Blizzard sued by California. This is bad

Exactly. Hes done. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company. The company will toss him under the buss and wash their hands of it. The company is not going anywhere.

You get this. The person I originally responded to does not.

1 Like

You’re a disgusting human being.

3 Likes

Sure thing bud

2 Likes

There doesn’t need to be any documentation. I would say it openly in court as explained many times here. Its not inherently due to being pregnant but because you are unable to fulfill job duties, will be taking time off, etc when there are equally qualified candidates who do not have those draw backs. The same would apply to anyone who becomes less qualified. Hell if a guy could give birth then they to would face the same problems.

Furthermore the amount that it impacts their career would and is directly proportional to the amount of time they take off and ability to do the job. If you take two weeks off, there is no problems, its like a vacation, if you take 6 months off, I treat you as someone who will quit and is eligible for rehire in the future.

1 Like

Cringe gaslighting.

The CA state budget has a surplus so the whole state is giving kids free school lunches this year: https://www.kqed.org/news/11881642/california-launches-the-largest-free-school-lunch-program-in-the-country

The “mAsS eXoDuS” was also fake clickbait, but thanks for being “concerned” I guess: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-04-08/california-exodus-myth-hating-on-the-golden-state

Please, for the love of flying spaghetti update your talking points :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He left Blizzard in June 2020. I wonder why…

^ thread started in Dec 2020. Sounds like Blizzard began scrubbing Alex’s role with the company last year. Sounds almost like a cover up.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. What I read of Blizzards response to this in that Bloomberg article, they may have opened the door to further lawsuits and litigation, (per another posters take, which was very enlightening).

This could impact them financially and, of course, the games we play.

Idk what will happen but time will tell. Some of the changes to the game seem to have been done possibly because less people to do the work/budget issues.

This could explain why. We’ll see.

1 Like

Constitutional law requires that because that’s how law works, it’s allegations until it’s proven in a court of law. I’m not sure why you’re having trouble understanding that.

No, it is going to court.

5 Likes

I am sure someone does, and I am also sure that person has friends in federal law enforcement, friends that person just happens to know from their time in the military. :wink:

Semper Fi! :us:

2 Likes

Another day in the life of a company that loves leaving its customers disappointed, angry or shocked.
Only this time it’s not for some poor commercial decision or arguable taste in design that players are bothering.

If someone is really going to leave the game because he feels bad about all this, he’s not wrong. Among this reason, there are also others less criminal than those who are now weighing on Blizzard, to justify disgust for 10 years and do not want to see their money being used by a company where things like this happen in a structured way.

And those who stay are also right, if it doesn’t bother them, because it didn’t happen to them or someone close to them.
Not to mention that this has yet to be proven to be true in a court of law.

Just let’s not forget that even so, we pay taxes to our governments and they don’t always use that money with the best morals as a guide.
Many governments use our tax money to fund corruption and wars around the world.
But since it’s not in our backyard, we don’t care.
As it’s not about our countries, we don’t care.

I wish I could stop paying taxes and settle for certain things, but that also means not contributing to the good things that still exist and are done.
In the end, the problem is still the people in governments and not the government as a whole, right?

I will already have my sense of justice satisfied if those accused of reprehensible acts, if proven guilty, are treated as required by law in these cases.

As for the company Blizzard, I hope that at least after this astral hell that seems to be falling on everything it’s been playing lately (mostly being the effect of things purposefully done by the company itself), it will experience some epiphany and start to remake itself.

Or blizzard can go ahead and compete with Electronic Arts over who has the worst reputation in the gaming markets, instead of competing with Square/Enix to deliver quality games that fans will love.

3 Likes

I guarantee the only thing this dude manages is how many nerds are allowed in his Mom’s basement aka his “apartment” at one time.

7 Likes

I think they are so out of touch they think that statement was a “Good PR” job.

3 Likes

i mean there’s statements from about 30 people in the reddit thread, if it was just a handful id argue the same “two sides” but with that many people stepping forward you know which side has the majority truth to it.

3 Likes

Well, and this is the fence, right? If one stays, then they retain a voice, and continue the employment of the many workers who were not involved or condoned the corporate culture. We want Blizzard to be better than this, so we’re going insure many are laid off?

On the other hand, it’s hard to stand by an entity that has turned away from doing the right thing. It doesn’t matter if “that’s the way it is” or “of course this happened”, it’s obviously deplorable to allow this alleged corporate culture to have persisted.

As for myself, I think I will see what comes of this, and what changes are made. Then I can step back and assess.

3 Likes

Please tell me this just a long elaborate troll on your part…

If you don’t want to directly say it… just wink once or something. Spirit… give us a sign.

3 Likes

Welcome to the game industry as a whole. As a woman who worked at several video game companies, they’re all like that. I can tell you that Square Enix is not any better.

4 Likes

As a business owner - (Not an attorney, no legal training[1], and don’t play one on TV…) - I agree this is very bad.

There are two sides to every story, and this is just the start of a long process. Having said that…

First - State counsel know this is the big league, and this is a target with the ability and means to fight. So reading the filing is… stunning. This is to let the target know what they’ve got. They aren’t going to put anything in there that they aren’t 1000% sure of. (Maybe I’m wrong on that; don’t think so.)

Some of my current clients litigated stuff like this in the… 80s and 90s! They lost. I haven’t seen/heard of incidents like this for companies we work for in a couple of decades. Does stupid stuff still happen? Yes. At scale? Not within the limited bubble of which I am aware. And not to the level alluded to the the filing. I have personally watched clients terminate employees and walk them off premises on the spot for less.

Second - The Blizzard response is cringe. I can’t imagine, as a business person, ever issuing a statement like that. I can’t imagine corporate, or outside, counsel would ever have approved that statement for release. I can imagine that someone high up in Blizzard, thinking they know how to manage press, could think that was a viable response. Talk about poisoning the well.

I honestly don’t think this gets to court. Blizzard rolls over and folds on this, because no way are they going to allow discovery. With what is in the filing. If they get a grownup in to handle the case they’ll do whatever and pay whatever to make it go away.

[1] Except my day of deposition training, and my day of “how to read a contract” and not do something stupid as a corporate officer…

4 Likes

i never understood, and still dont understand why the entire company suffers for the actions of an individual.

Shouldn’t the lawsuit be aimed towards the individuals who were involved?
like why throw all this on a company name like blizzard.

if someone throws garbage out their window you dont blame the province or state that they live in, you blame the individual.

1 Like

Question… does the province or state allow for the throwing of garbage out of the window? If so… then yes… you blame the province or state.

4 Likes

if the province or state allowed it there wouldn’t be any issue, sir.