Active groups/guilds willing to help a returning player?

Any active groups or guilds that are willing to help me out with some general (noobish) questions?

For example, I want to start questing for allied race faction, but I’m having trouble navigating. One wowhead guide leads me to another and I’m not getting anywhere.

I’m certain that there are many new-player friendly guilds on wyrmrest accord (your realm) and your best place is to ask is in the realm forum
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wyrmrest-accord/88

But this is a good place to ask new-player questions, like how do I get a certain allied race.

At level 112 you could probably do all but the last part for either horde allied race from legion (Highmountain or Nightborne) but the Alliance ones require doing Argus and that was the hardest end game zone in Legion and most people going in there when it was released had high quality gear, 2 legendaries, and a fully functional artifact weapon. And many still got their butt kicked. I would not recommend trying until you’re level 120.

Anyways the final part, the final unlock quest, must be done by a max level character of the same faction: A level 120 horde character for the horde races and a level 120 alliance character for the alliance races.

I’d absolutely be willing to help you out :smiley:
Feel free to add my battletag: YogSothoth16#1918
I’ll try to answer any questions you have.

P.S. What allied race are you looking to unlock?