Active Game time is required in order to play WoW Classic?

So i asked around yesterday before classic launched and people said that if I was already subscribed to WoW in the current version of the game then all i had to do is login when classic started.

Well I just got off work and started up WoW classic getting ready for the nostalgia to kick in and I keep getting this message :

“Active Game time is required in order to play World of Warcraft Classic (WOW51900331)”

I was confused and thought maybe something had happened to my subscription, however, when I tried to login to WoW:BOA I had no problem at all and i have a recurring subscription already on my account.

Am i missing something or am I just a special case here? I would really like to play Classic .

4 Likes

Hey, Nightsheyd!

When you have World of Warcraft Classic selected in the VERSION drop down menu, make sure you have the active account selected under the ACCOUNT drop down, also. If you have another account without a subscription selected it will give you this error.

18 Likes

:sweat_smile: Im sorry I had a really long day at work and I have just been looking forward to this all day. Thank you… Im sorry

1 Like

No worries! :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah feeling a little ripped off here i have to correct account selected and a subscription and receive the error what gives…

4 Likes

I’ve had this issue for over a month and just been logging out and in every time…thanks for the save!

This “solution” is incoherent nonsense and does not work.

3 Likes