Active Druid Form Button

I am looking to see if there is a way to create a macro that displays the active/current druid shapeshift from.

I would also like that if the button is usable that if/when pressed it will take you out of your current form to your default character appearance.

For context: My goal is to use available buttons on mouse to switch to different forms. [Qty of buttons for each form.]
The button I described above will be placed on keyboard(left hand access)
This will let me toggle forms with the mouse and keyboard.
Press mouse button 1 for bear and when I need to change to cat I can press keyboard 1 and then mouse button 2 etc.

Im not sure i completely understand, so for clarity, you want one button for each form on your bar that you would use the side buttons on your mouse to switch to, and then a separate button that would revert you to your base (night elf or troll or w/e) form?

1 Like

Macro’s aren’t really built to show a specific state for your character. Buff/debuffs are where that is handled. A simple Weak Aura might work as well. But those don’t have the macro functionality to make a button do something. So, you’ll need two different solutions for each part of your request.

For the function part of the macro, all you need to cancel your current form is:
/cancelform

Showtooltip won’t do anything with /cancelform, so you’d need to pick an icon manually.

However, you should be able to go directly from one form to another using your mouse buttons. So, you should be able to press mouse 1 for cat, and then mouse 2 will just go directly to bear without the swap to caster in between.

My druid setup is to put various forms on my mouse buttons, as well as having the general cancelform macro I posted above. Most of the time, I’ll just use the direct form binds to go from one to the other, but the cancelform macro is useful when I want caster form and don’t want to have to think about which form I’m in to hit the right toggle.

So, if your goal is similar, then use the /cancelform macro, and then perhaps set up a WeakAura that can show you what form you’re in.

1 Like

My apologies, explaining my thoughts is challenging for me. I was looking for the the
[ /cancelform ] that is mentioned below in Udiza’s post(below).

So My default action bar will have each druid form. These will be bound to the keypad on my mouse.
On the action bar 2 I will have the macro short cut to remove the druid form. Pressing this while in a form reverts my default action bar back to where I can use a new form.
With this setup I will be able to avoid having to place druid forms in my active action bar that represents my current druid form.
I know it would be more ideal to switch directly to different forms but I am a but fat fingered and when the druid form buttons are in the same area of my spell rotations key binds i end up switching form unintentionally. :slight_smile:

Thank you for replying!

UDIZA

Thank you for the reply and the answer I wanted. As I mentioned to Zipster, I tend to switch forms unintentionally when I have druid forms in the same space as my spell rotations. :slight_smile:

Thank you again for replying and the answer I needed.

/cancelform is what i was going to suggest as well, but wanted to make sure thats what you were after. As for the rest of it, there’s no macro required. Just drag your forms out of your spellbook and put them on your action bar. Then go in and bind the key to your mouse button and thats all there should be to it.

1 Like

You could also use Action Bar Paging (Shift 1-6 by default) and put the forms on Bar 2.

So it’d be Shift-2 to switch to Page 2 (or you could build a macro with /changeactionbar 2) and select your form and shift-1 back to the main bar (or create form macros that auto-switch back to page 1) .

1 Like