Action Bars reset between spec changes

I just uninstalled WoW (Retail and Classic), deleted all settings/files that are left after uninstall to make sure all local settings and mods were purged. Reinstalled, and the problem persists. Clearly this seems to be some sort of character DB corruption on the Blizzard side, and once a character is corrupt, they lose the ability to change specs without completely redoing their interface. This is clearly a major bug for those impacted, and if it’s not fixed, I will definitely be unsubscribing.

1 Like

Yes. I got that issue too. Every time I switch between healer and tank spec, the action bars are reset.

Sorry wrong character. It is my Druid that has the bug.

having the same issue … tons of down time due to it

1 Like

same issue

Sanguini’s suggestion on this page seems to have worked for me:

Quoted:
Solution:

1. Delete all existing loadouts.
  2. Create a new loadout for each spec you want to use.
  3. Highlight the loadout, and you’ll see a settings button. Click it.
  4. In this menu, select “Shared Action Bars”. Make sure you do this on all loadouts you’ve created and in each spec you care about.
  5. Try adding some SPEC (Not class) abilities on your current action bars. Then, switch specs to test out if they stick this time.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

10 Likes

I have this same issue, swapping between elemental and resto.

I posted a bug report at Github with the developer of dominoes, who informed me that dominoes has absolutely nothing to do with which abilities are saved to which buttons.

I disabled ALL addons, and this issue of my bars saving between specs is still occurring.

This only happens on one character as well.

1 Like

This worked for me as well, thank you!!!

Same thing is happening to me on my Monk. Windwalker and Mistweaver reset every time I change between the two specs.

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Seems counter intuitive that sharing the action bars would cause them to save from spec to spec. Especially when I have class abilities in different places on mistweaver and windwalker. I hope this is fixed soon.

1 Like

Happening to me now, didnt start till 68. Bouncing between enh and resto. Hoping this issue corrects itself at 70, very annoying.

Worked for me too! Thanks

This is happening to me too, I tried selecting the shared action bars option too and it still happens. I still see that blizzard hasn’t acknowledged this either…

I had this problem on my monk but the fix listed in this thread worked. I now have the same problem on my warlock and the fix listed in the thread that worked for my monk does not work for the warlock. This bug ruins one of the best features of the new spec system. I can’t change between my aoe dungeon spec and my single target raid spec without having to re-do my action bars. Beyond frustrating.

Im having the issue of switching from WW to BM and the dragon flying buttons are gone. Going back to WW they are back again. Is Blizz doing anything about this?

1 Like

Same on boomkin to tree. Completely messes me up when trying to heal a dungeon after leveling as a boomkin… I feel bad for the rest of my party1

Happened today on my holy paladin inside dungeon while i leveled up.

My partner gave this a try and it unfortunately did not work :frowning: any other suggestions?

I had this problem too, swapping from disc to holy. I found that the specs I had changed in the talent tree weren’t saved as their own load out, so it was selecting the default one whenever I changed spec. Once I made a new load out, it fixed the issue. Hope this helps

I think they may have worked on this problem. After reading this answer I attempted to look at the talent specs where the loadouts are listed. One of the times I switched specs while looking at the talent screens, I saw a question pop up that asked me if I want to “Use the shared action bars?” I said ‘no’ and the problem went away. All of them keep their icons now when switching specs.

2 Likes