Action bar slots not working

On my lower left action bar, some slots aren’t working. This just started tonight . Only a few slots in the middle of the bar don’t work. When I hover over the slot, no tiny hand appears and I can’t click on it to activate the spell. I have been playing Wow for 15 years and this has never happened before.

2 Likes

The first thing that comes to mind is that there may be a frame that is invisible but still captures clicks sitting on top of it.

Turn off all addons and see if the problem persists.

If it does not, then turn your addons back on one at a time until it shows up again. That’ll be the one causing the problem.

2 Likes

You can use the /fstack command and them mouse over the area to see the name of the frame. That might give you a clue as to what might be blocking that part of the action bar. (Just type /fstack again to turn it off.)

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I deleted all addons and still had the same issue. It is the same on all toons. Tried the /fstack and wasnt able to find any differences. Just a dead spot.

Do you use any Game overlays? Discord and other applications and even some mouse and graphics apps will have their own window sit on top of wow’s window which can capture mouse clicks.

I’m having the same problem. Dead buttons on Upper Left Action Bar - Buttons #6 - #10. Across all characters. Disabled all add-ons - no effect. Worked fine yesterday. Very frustrating. I just use a few add-ons, no Game overlays.

RESOLVED!
Turns out it wasn’t the game at all - rather, it was a dead zone on the monitor itself. (Googled that and the solution was to start Task manager, locate “Search”, right-click it and “End Task”.
Worked fine.

8 Likes

Ah! Yes! Thank you so much! My husband was having this problem tonight and we couldn’t figure it out. This did the trick. Thanks!!

Still happening and present as of May 18th 2022 - it started happening around the time of OPs post for me. I initially thought it was maybe one of my addons (Dominos, my Action Bar addon) but had this thread come up with some Google Fu.

1 Like

you my friend are a genius, thank you

Turned out to be Bartender 4. I probably misconfigured it. Thank you. It was driving me crazy.