Acount to Account transfers

You act as if it wasn’t but your history of WoW is pretty rocky my friend. From one of the last conversations we had you didn’t have very good history of battle.net being implemented so there’s no way I am taking you seriously on this subject. You seemed to be backing your facts with emotion and not facts. Even if it doesn’t get implemented I am going to hit classic as hard as I can after I am satisfied with the fact it wont be implemented so don’t think I’ll let up. I already got 2 60’s(well one almost level 58) I already got my tank divisions parked in front of the forest and they are going to blitz.

My recollection of our conversation is pretty different

It was though, and it wasn’t even under the same primary ownership as a bnet account is. All you had to do was show an ID to prove your name was a match on both accounts to said ID and they would merge as many accounts as you wanted.

During vanilla I merged multiple accounts on numerous occasions. I have done so in retail since then as well.

3 Likes

Yeah where you were right and I was wrong? Haha. Your recollection doesn’t matter. It’s what REALLY happened that counts.

1 Like

Blizzard thinks anybody that trades anything between their own accounts is selling gold. Do you really think this same company is going to allow you to trade characters between accounts?

You can still sell gold and accounts/characters without it!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU?! LOL!

Settle down pal, the context of the OP’s post was never explained when I made my comment, so had to base it off my own assumption of what he was referring to.

However, still can’t see how it’s “dumb” - feel free to elaborate rather than slam it

All you got to do is make an account separate of your own, boost it and sell it. There you go. Same goes for selling gold. Battle.net system is the answer to prevent that when it comes to account to account transfers. If you want to transfer a character it should be required that they are on the same battle.net account so that is the prevention method already built in.

Have a look at the situation both ways.

No character transfer character sales cost the person building characters between 15 and 30 dollars total overhead for that character he’s selling.

Sales where character transfers would be involved would be more difficult because not only do they need to buy an account for 15 bucks, but also need to pay the character transfer fee of $20, so it’s actually more overhead and less effective because now you can’t power level and need to catch a wave or buy some other guys service. This also only for the character he’s selling.

The way I see it the account to account transfers dont make sense from the boosting point of view.

Not to mention that they would be selling anything tied to the account, especially if it had the characters that assisted the leveling in the process. The transfer fee by itself would make activision a killing because it costs almost twice as much as a regular subscription plus whatever characters were transfered in the process.

Yup, the transfer isn’t cheap. Don’t know why they don’t enable it because it’s not going to help the boosting services.

The account to account transfer cost in itself would compensate for whatever time metrics that player wouldn’t be subscribing for just because of how expensive it is right off the bat.