Achievements and Xmogs

They never said there wouldn’t be. I’m talking about a cross game promotional achievement, much like the “get to level 20 in WoW to get a special card back in hearthstone” achievement.

Yes they did.

1 Like

Sauce please

Too much work… But it was at the panel, some one asked a question and they told non of this would happen and that they are 2 seperate games.

1 Like

What is up with the barrage of troll posts today?

I saw the same panel you did. They said there would be no achievements in classic (and a later blue post said that nothing from retail would carry over to classic or vice versa) but this doesn’t imply there wouldn’t be a promotional event in the future if they saw fit. Just about every blizzard title has one.

huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

I’m a bit confused on the point you are trying to make with that quote. Yes, the first thing I said is indeed a promotional event.

Actually, they did. Be sure to watch at the timestamp.

From 8:19 to 9:50.

1 Like

well u said achievement, no idea what u mean with Promotional event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdixGLqW8AEu4y0.jpg

This is what I mean by promotional achievement.

This hypothetical achievement I’m talking about would be a retail achievement with a retail reward. Something to promote classic to retial players.

They addressed this in the QA.

Watch the video that I linked.

1 Like

I mean, that makes sense. Still though, I only said it was a possibility. Perhaps blizzard gets desperate later and goes back on what they said about “even if only 10 people play…” we will see something like it.

Xmogs? No way
Achievements? Nope
A cross game promotional event from a desperate developer? Maybe. Only time will tell.

What about a middle ground? Leave the achievements in, just remove all broadcasting and UI elements of it, the only thing that still exists is the flag for it in the database, and let people who want to still have them use an addon to track them.

2 Likes

Blizzard said “no legacy servers” for like thirteen years. Who knows. I can say for sure that I don’t want it, though.

Absolutely not… blizzard would be creating a situation where retail players would feel REQUIRED to go onto classic to collect the things that are unobtainable on retail.

2 Likes

I would not even count on that.

It may happen, but it is by no means guaranteed.

Even a blue post stated that the “reward” for playing Classic was exactly that–playing Classic.

1 Like

We need a necromancer class (that isn’t a death knight) in WoW mang, warlocks are so… old.