Account-wide ignore?

So, anyone know if there’s a way to ignore someone completely? All your alts and all theirs? If I ignore someone, I don’t want to play with them again or read their chat. A lot of people are toxic as hell on alts, especially the trade/lfg trolls.

Is there a way to ignore them via battlenet? I looked up a “Global Ignore” addon, but it’s got some overhead and causes some addon conflict. Does a bit more than I want.

I believe the ignore list is account wide for both you and the person you add to ignore. I don’t know when blizzard added this change, maybe it was In legion, but I know this from getting into arguments with other players and they ended up adding me to ignore, and I logged on a different toon to whisper them, and it still said I was being ignored. This change is in wow classic as well.

It automatically does this.

It already is account wide, it just doesn’t tell you this. If you block a character, then that account can’t message you from ANY character. It’s a nice change that wasn’t originally in the game. Too bad they don’t also give you the ability to hide from /who so losers can’t stalk you, but I didn’t roll PVP, so it’s not really my problem.

you are 100% wrong. And why would you get on another account to whisper someone if they have already ignored you. that is the definition of harassment.

1 Like

I can confirm it is NOT account-wide. I just tested it, in fact.

Ignoring a toon doesn’t ignore them on your alts. Ignoring a toon doesn’t prevent the player from whispering you on their alt.

2 Likes

There’s a mod called Global Ignore that gives you an unlimited ignore list and makes all your alts automatically ignore anyone you ignore.

There is, and can be, no “ignore all their toons”; it would require information that’s not available to your client.

1 Like

The ignore is most definitely not account-wide. I always find some random alt toon that somehow still hasn’t ignored the local Trade Chat troll. So obnoxious.

As I said in my OP, I have tried that mod. It has a lot of problems.

Although it CAN ignore people the alts of people you ignore (the game does provide the information), it’s apparently limited to 50 accounts because of a technical limitation.

You’re all saying that its not account wide? Why is it whenever someone adds me to ignore, and when I log onto an alt, they still have me on ignore somehow on that alt that they have never even seen or interacted with? Im pretty sure its account wide. People in classic just have multiple accounts that they use to cheese professions and gold farming with. Like at least a quarter of the total population and playerbase of classic is just alt accounts that people have. They just log onto a different account and whisper people who have them on ignore, not an alt from the ignored account.