Account Wide Flightpaths

So they never will?

Ok well we can just agree to disagree :heart_eyes:

Death knights know them all?

Nope.

Mhmm. As much as I would love for “options”, that’s not something Blizz does.

I would love for an OPTIONAL game WITHOUT Level Scaling! I would love for an OPTIONAL Loot System that includes PL, Group Loot, ML, etc. I would love for an OPTION to revert back the old models, but we don’t have these things. It’s either, we’re stuck with the change or not the change. There’s no “in between”.

You think what you want to think and I’ll think what I want to think :slight_smile:

We have been told by management that rewards for excitement shall remain random.

Rock paper shears…

I’ll have to check the DK, again. IK (for sure) that DHs know all of the old world ones.

I’m looking at the history, and history says there’s no “option” for these things. You’re not going to convince me of 15+ years of the same thing is going to all of a sudden change, just because you want to be “right”, so badly.

PreWrath, as for all I’m not sure but it looks that way

I don’t have the Southwind Village flight path but I’m not sure if that’s because my current version of Silithus is the BFA version :man_shrugging:

And you won’t convince me things can never change so :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

Oh, they’ll change. Just not the “options” part. Old World (pre-Deathwing destruction) changed. Extra FPs is a “change”, if you will. Extra Races and Classes, worlds, items, dungeons, raids, etc. But, an “option” to play this game with what I’ve already mentioned? Nah, that part isn’t changing.

The only thing I can see possible, at all, is including Old World (pre-Deathwing destruction) as an “option” of a “timeline” to “reverse time” that Deathwing did, to the old world. It fits in with the lore. We can “reverse” time to visit Teldrassil and Theramore, before their downfalls, but we can’t “reverse time” to visit Old World (pre-Deathwing destruction)? :roll_eyes:

I actually disagree with this. I think it would take away a bit of that adventure feeling you get when you go and explore on a new alt. If you use the toy you can unlock enough FP’s to make it “easier” to fly around, I think that is sufficient enough. That’s just me though. :smile:

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

I find it unlikely that something like this is impossible to happen in the next 50 years of wows life cycle while I’ll still be alive to see it :rofl:

I agree it isn’t “unlikely impossible”.

It’s one of the reasons (there’s many) why I have been playing Classic. It’s the ONLY way to play Old World (pre-Deathwing Destruction), but I do like some things in the Standard Game that Classic just doesn’t have. For example: Barbershop, Transmog, Character Customizations, etc.

Things I like that Classic has over the Standard Game: Server Identity (no CRZ, Connected/Virtual Realms and the like), some (not all) of the older model looks (like the original Shaman Ghost Wolf Form), original dungeon layouts/mobs (via WC, SFK, ST, etc.), etc.

There’s not a PERFECT antidote, but I hope we get there.

Yeah I like the world experience of classic as well :+1: Looking forward to Wrath classic when it gets here because of talents and abilities :smiley:

More than FPs, Lord/Lady of War should be account wide.

Woah, thanks to everyone for your replies. I understand the “exploration side” of keeping flight points solely per character, still, feel however despite unlocking flying and its convenience, and despite the heirloom toy which only unlocks FPs around Azeroth, it would still be a better idea to allow account-wide flight points, it doesn’t necessarily destroy exploration since you still have to explore when questing, and explore to unlock hidden parts of the map, having the account-wide flight points would simply make it easier to explore around those areas not necessarily remove the option of exploring.

There are some items you can buy from the heirloom vendor that do something like this, but I want it to be totally optional. I enjoy unlocking travel around the game world again when I roll a new alt, especially one on a new server. It makes no sense storywise (or to me) for a new character to suddenly have access to every place in the world on his first day as an adventurer.

I agree. Account wide flight points are so obvious I can only conclude that bliz is either inept for not thinking of them or purposely trying to waste our time by not putting that in.

No, i have the toys that teach flight paths. And the BFA item. I wish there were more tho.

i’d be down for it, hell, i’m down for almost all QOL updates. they could even lock it behind getting the explorer and or lorewalker title on a single toon so that people have more reasons to explore the maps they’ve crafted.

wouldnt that ruin exploration and immersion?

1 Like