Account suspension

Because it’s Blizzard’s game, and those are their rules.

There are other games out there that may allow that toxicity, but it’s not allowed here.

6 Likes

Blood and Gore, Crude Humor, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence

• Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB

Two different sets of rules. The static content Blizzard makes is reviewed against a rating system and is held to T 13.

Player created content like chat and names, esp in real time, is not rated. It falls under a second set of rules as per the EULA and the sub policies covering chat and names. For ALL Blizzard games, despite the ratings, the rules are very family friendly. They have been since WoW released in 2004. They have never allowed profanity or masked profanity from players. No, the profanity filter does not allow it. It is there so parents can block people who can’t follow the rules.

7 Likes

they don’t allow cussing but letting them botters run free lol. They frl need to find a way to stop them permanently.

That’s an ongoing battle. They normally ban them in waves after they learn how to break the program and investigate if the accounts/credit cards etc are stolen.

Then the botters find a way around it and the cycle starts over.

4 Likes

If anyone can come up with a way to do that they will be a hero, and very very rich. No company that I know of has managed to defeat bots once and for all. It is always a cat and mouse game. They break and ban one, the bot maker changes it. Bot maker makes a new one. Same with antivirus battles.

Unless there is zero way for a player to have input to a game - someone will try to cheat and bot it. Distinguishing between real player input and automated player input is not easy, esp with AI running some of the bots.

They banned almost 300k for botting/cheating in December alone though, if it makes you feel a tiny bit better.

Something else, others cheating, or breaking rules, does not mean Blizzard should not enforce the chat/name rules. Much like cops still enforce speed limits even though detectives are also chasing murderers.

It is actually two diff teams. The Hacks team handles bots/cheating. GMs handle chat/name reports.

7 Likes

They don’t allow both.

They close exploitive accounts quite frequently.

It definately is a constant battle between developers and those that would sell products that allow cheating and botting. But this has nothing to do with your violation, which you seem to have posted a few times you have accepted, so I am not sure why this thread headed in this direction.

If you need further assistance in how to appeal though, then ask away.

9 Likes

Just for clarification it looks like you have had several penalties prior to this one. Two in 2022 and one in 2021.

Looks like for language. There are several uses of the S word, disparaging remarks about someones mental capacity. Nothing terribly egregious, but it was that coupled with the history on the account that resulted in the duration you received.

We don’t “let” anything of the kind. Comparing addressing inappropriate language and botting is, well… ridiculous is the only word I can use here. Botting and other exploitation is a massive industry with methods and programs that are constantly being improved to circumvent the steps we take to block, break and automatically detect them. It is a constant battle. Sometimes we’re winning, sometimes we’re losing, but that doesn’t mean we allow it. Far from it.

17 Likes

I know of the two in 2022 and 2021 if i remember 2021 and 2022 were both chat silences which wasn’t me but of course I’m held accountable for people on my account and the second was the boosting from me posting in lfg if my memory serves me right.
lol I now know exactly which person it was lol It was a monk in a bg blitz I got him pulled up rn too idk what s word it was but again I take full responsibility for what I did and don’t regret it one-bit ngl bro had me offended calling me boosted and saying that i payed for glad which I am not dropping 1k for glad in wow. Me and that monk were going back and forth arguing about me having 2400 I remember it exactly and if it’s what I’m thinking the s word ends with nile right. Anyway thanks I just wanted to know who it was now I can play wow 1 happy.

Just to cover this. Only you are permitted to be on the account. The only exception would be that you may allow a single minor child, that you are the parent or legal guardian of to access the account.

There were a few reports, so it wasn’t just that incident. :slight_smile:

No, it’s the s-word that is 4 letters long.

9 Likes

Well, I suppose there’s something to be said for honesty.

I just want to caution you again:

But good luck to you.

6 Likes

ahhh gotcha still though I still dislike the guy.

Hey ill take responsibility for it even if its me defending myself which blizz doesn’t like and encourages you to block and report which I do most of the time though some people will get a response Only time you catch me talking is in bg blitz rarely or shuffles other than that im leveling hence my 57 alts lol I’m turning my chat off anyway idk why I turn it back on for shuffles. Sometimes i get too into the game is what it is ill take my suspension and just play on my alt accounts just wish i got to level my draeni before it :smiling_face_with_tear:

That is your right to dislike someone, best to put them on ignore and not communicate with them in anyway. Do not let you dislike for someone get you into trouble, Not worth it.

1 Like

it felt so worth it at the time especially since everyone in the bg disliked him and was on my side with the back and forth. Is what it is though 100% turning chat off.

Keep in mind actions from this will keep going up regardless of time in between.

I know I kept a clean record for the most part till these past two months which the system of stuff not slowly falling off is kinda flawed cause you could go 4 years without being reported and you get reported back-to-back bam you get permad even after 4 years of good behavior. Imma just not talk in game and stick to discord atleast I can talk crap without them hassling me over it to a ban cause im pretty sure if i can suspended again its a 30 day ban next than a perma not taking that risk. sucks I got flooded into this because of my son at first than me getting silenced than the boosting getting me a 7 week into this 10 day is what it is though even though it was worth shushing that naysayer.

Good behavior does help but penalties never go away thats why there a black mark that stays on the account.

3 Likes

They never fall off.

Your more then welcome to talk in game. Just remember if your thinking of an argument then your better off not. Honestly most of the time I do not pay attention to chat, even at times in party I do not even look. If someone is rude well they get reported and I wont hear them again for the rest of the dungeon.

Just remember would you say this to your grandmother or mother. If the answer is NO then keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t want to make folks get into the habit of if they behave for a while, they’d be allowed to misbehave up to a point before waiting for the black marks to fall off before doing once again. That isn’t teaching them good behavior, it just teaching folks to foe the line without worry of losing their accounts.

4 Likes

They do not allow botters, They keep banning more and more. December they banned 300k accounts

3 Likes