Account suspension

I have rarely talked or played for like months and ik one occurence where I said someone played bad on outlaw and the i hate pvers in blitz but those were like yesterday other than that I haven’t said a word in months on one of my accounts of course my second one is still open but my main account suspended for 10 days with no prior warning of behavior or anything I kinda just want to know what I said that got me reported cause like idk what I did wrong I don’t talk in game cause ik people are fast to report but when I rarely do it’s mostly never toxic need me a blue to help me learn. Though if it’s from previous people ik two people who we both reported eachother anyway. on top of the fact ik im gonna get the same copy and pasted response in the appeals that ive gotten for a minute and the last time I’ve rarely ever had a account action and my most recent was in shadowlands from boosting cause I posted in the wrong chat and got a week ban which was crazy, now I’m at 10 days this is crazy. More to add three people are on my account we all play wow so it could have been them saying something which I hate affects me as part of the tos but is what it is,

The first warning is the EULA and Code of Conduct we have to follow. The second is the Social Contract that reminds you to follow the chat rules (the bottom part of the Social Contract). The third was the Silence you got sometime between 2016 and now.

This is the second or third penalty on your account for a language infraction.

Ah, so yes it is your third infraction then. So that is how the system works. It gets longer each time. Keep in mind we are not allowed to use profanity, masked profanity, slurs, hateful comments, nasty insults, spam, advertising, etc. Any of those, if reported, can result in a penalty.

If you feel that was an error, which does happen, appeal. You will get a template answer - but you should be able to ask for a snippet of the chat lines around the time of the infraction. It won’t be all of it, but it should be enough to remind you of the conversation.

10 Likes

When you appeal you should be given a snippet of some things said that caused this. Keep in mind, what you see might not actually what caused the penalty. Also that masked language and toxic chat is included, it does not necessarily have to be completely vulgar to be against the rules.

Yes, they do have new rules in regards to advertising boosts.

Sharing accounts is not allowed, unless you are the parent of one child, but ultimately you are responsible for anything that happens on the account, it does not matter who is playing at the time.

10 Likes

This is enough for a suspension. This is toxic behavior, and Blizzard does not want it in the game.

This is also enough. Remember the old saying: If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.

If the suspension is 10 days, then you’ve had a warning and likely a suspension in the past. They never fall off. A warning or suspension in 2005 is still there.

You listed two things above.

But more to the point, the ToS and in-game policies are available for everyone to see. Having to click “I Agree” before playing is your warning.

Penalties get stronger and stronger. Next time will be longer

9 Likes

I’m not sharing accounts I have 3 wow subs Though It never did show me what I said going for the appeal so I guess that’s not a thing anymore.

Oh my. I missed this part.

Only one person is allowed on an account. The only exception is a minor (whom you have legal guardianship of), because they cannot enter into a legal contract.

Account sharing is very much against the rules.

7 Likes

those two happened like yesterday theres no way that is the reason for it.

I have three wow subs we all play on diffrent accounts. on the same wow account thats not against tos though I couldn’t care less ill just hop on the wow 2 and play till its over just surprised by the suspension.

There is a way those could be it. Like I said, those comments are enough on their own. Are they the specific reason this time? Maybe, maybe not.

But if you are finding it difficult to stay positive and not be toxic, this is going to keep happening, up to and including account closure.

It definitely is against the rules. You are the only one allowed to access the account(s), if they are in your name. If the accounts are in someone else’s name, then they are the only ones allowed to access them.

8 Likes

saying 3 people are using your account is a lot different than saying you have 3 accounts, just to clarify.

If they are on different battle net accounts that is different then if they are using your battle net account to play at the same time.

7 Likes

I said I have 3 wow subs where two minors in my family not friends none of that play on my wow account I am pretty sure if its under my name a minor in my family is allowed to play on said account. Though they rarely play it anyway and one of them stopped playing all together it’s just a bank alt account I use to send stuff to sell. Ether way I don’t really care about the suspension not like i play that much anyway I just wanted to know what I said which they of course when i went to check in the appeals didn’t tell me. Maybe in the 10 days of my off time they will finally fix dh and outlaw in pvp.

I’m not confirming you were suspended for something another person said while playing your account, but that you are ultimately responsible for anything that happens on the account.

My post about appealing still stands, scroll up if you need to read that part again, good luck with the appeals.

Keep in mind these penalties will continue to increase, so do be more mindful of the rules and try to be less toxic in the future.

7 Likes

Yes, yes it is. Only the account holder can log into the Battlenet Account. One Battlenet account can have up to 8 licenses, but nobody else can play those besides the account holder. You can’t share the Battlenet account.

The one exception is a minor child you are the legal guardian of, but even that should be set up on their own Bnet under the parent’s name with Parental controls set up.

This is all very explicitly stated in the EULA, and covered again in the policies.

Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. We don’t recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals. Activities performed on your account are your liability.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activities conducted by the minor child.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and the use of your user name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your information, even if you don’t authorize them. Security of your account is your responsibility.

9 Likes

oh ill take full responsibility for that already did that when one of them got my ow account permad though I have a new one anyway. also going to just perma disable my chat once I’m off I had it off but turned it back on for shuffles to talk to teammates big regret ngl. Atleast I got my 2400 before the suspension.

did you not read the minor part in that? I litearlly said the person on the account is a minor besides me of course the owner.

It’s ONE minor child and ONE adult. Having more then one minor child is against the rules.

5 Likes

I HAVE ONE MINOR BRUH If you would take the time to read the other one doesn’t play anymore it’s one minor on the account jesus. I Said three people played on my account now its two me and the minor. all 57 alts on the main account are mine my wow 1 account is the minors wow 2 is also mine after the third stopped playing and doesn’t use it.

It would only matter if you were the guardian of said minor, and the account was in your name. But that is beyond the point of your original post.

5 Likes

I literally said the minor is family I am the legal guardian by law. idk why this got turned to me and my use of the account to allow my child to play on said account.

If the others accessing the account are minors, then fair enough.

Beyond that, you really are not fooling anyone with the whole “I don’t know what I did”. If you’ve had other game accounts permabanned, and have gotten to the point where you’ve had to disable chat to not commit violations, then quite frankly? You know what you said.

If you are having control issues like that, then I thinking disabling chat would be the best for you. As we have stated before, penalties only double from here. And yes, a permanent ban is a distinct possibility if it continues.

4 Likes