Account silenced

If that’s what it takes for you to follow the ToS, good on ya.

Rules aren’t optional. Most adults can follow them without extreme measures.

7 Likes

There was nothing abused here, Coldbloods. Under our old system this would have warranted more than a temp silence. We do not view racial slurs in a positive light.

Next time, I suggest you use “release please” instead of what you said.

29 Likes

This is 100% false…the last silence i had upheld by a GM was for “using LFG for non LFG purposes”. I didn’t spam, swear, or do anything against TOU…but if people report you(Which they do on my server just for the lulz) You can and will be muted. Oh and at the time i was just answering a question in chat…and still got muted. Civility often has nothing to do with it. Things that have got me muted so far include saying:
“i have to rite a 200 word essay tonight”
“literally anything regarding the pandemic”
“any political/religious opinion”
"posting too often(not spamming mind you…just “too often”. with no explanation as to how often is too often)

The reality is once the automated system mutes you…expect to serve out the mute.

There’s an important distinction here:

If you received an email stating an account action was applied, that means it is a silence. Silences double in length each time they are applied.

If you find yourself unable to chat or use other social features, but you did NOT receive an email, that is a squelch and will be reviewed by a GM.

A squelch does not always lead to a silence, and those that abuse the right-click report feature will also find themselves with an account action.

6 Likes

I have had every squelch save one upheld…the one that was overturned was handled by a reasonable gm as future squelches for the exact same thing were upheld. Often the “review” seems like they don’t actually look into anything beyond a quick glance.

1 Like

The GM’s review is rather black and white: Either something violated policy or it didn’t. It’s not up to an individual GM’s interpretation (although something could be misunderstood).

However, as was previously stated, you can appeal until Blizzard tells you no more appeals.

5 Likes

Oh i almost forgot too…one time i had a mute overturned…but it took so many tickets to hear that it was an unwarranted mute that the mute had already expired.

Then how do you explain me talking with a gm directly and asking if its against the rules to use lfg chat for small conversations…and being told it’s fine…only to have two other mutes for the same thing when reviewed by different gms?

This will be my last reply, as I feel it’s becoming circular.

New agents come on board all the time. Sometimes a certain policy isn’t communicated to the new GM right away. What may seem okay might actually be against policy.

Perhaps it is a brand new policy. It’s up to the Team Leaders and Supervisors to make sure that information is passed down the line.

Before you say anything about Blizzard and lack of organization: I’ve worked in Call Centers. I know how policies, policy changes, other important news is disseminated to the agents. This problem is present in every Call Center.

8 Likes

Yeah that makes sense…but to the player dealing with the ticket system none of that matters really, all that they see is inconsistent responses.