Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

So, because you don’t want to do something anymore, it must be removed? The entitlement is strong in this one.

Right, but I don’t want to bother with getting all of the green ones on my alts. I’m fine with my alts not being as strong of course, for obvious reasons, but when I get a new character to 120 it’s just a major turnoff thinking about essences.

So it pretty much leads me to not worry about my alts anymore. Don’t get me wrong… I wouldn’t complain if rank 2 and 3 essences were account wide but I think that might be a little too much to ask for, while at least having the rank 1 essences would make sense.

I’d rather just have glyphs back. I’m aware they won’t ever bring them back in their old form but I think it was a vastly superior system.

This is a misunderstanding probably.

The grind should not be removed, as doing it for the first time on your main character is completely fine.

What the people want is essences becoming account-wide after you finally unlock them.

1 Like

There’s always something to do, but grinding essence repeatedly alt after alt is not the hindsight that should be favored. That just kills the game on playing alts. The game isn’t design for that hence why many has left. Legion essence grind wasn’t favorable, but it wasn’t like BFA.

That’s why they’re throwing it away in the next expansion. Essence grind was toxic for the game and it wasn’t done right. If they did it account wide then the game 100% would be better to play and players would be testing out abilities on their alts. The only downside left is professionals grind.

1 Like

Blizzard has proven in the past they can do content that encourages alt playing without tedious grinds.

Challenge mode armor set/weapons?
Green fire?
Mage tower?

2 Likes

damn imagine if unlocking essences involved something that required you to be good at the game instead of mindlessly farming reputations and spare crates

would’ve been insane tbh, would play my alts for sure if it was this way

2 Likes

Sorry I only enjoy logging on for 15 minutes a day to do the same quests for a month to really feel like I earned my new found power.

Maybe we will have that with horrific visions in 8.3 and Torgast in Shadowlands

They tried that with pvp tower, pvp wqs, warmode, the kirin tor quests and challenge modes.

People complain that its too hard. So they nerf it, then people complain that its too easy.

bit confused here as none of these are hard content except challenge mode dungeons, which was basically a prequel to mythic+ today

Except Challenge modes gave a sweet set of armor and weapons/mount.

Great! So we definitely don’t anoth—

Oh… we were so close…

1 Like

Someones got to do it.

2 Likes

timbo the man of the people :pray:

1 Like

I’d love to help other guilds out with mythic runs on alts, run keys and have the potential to swap mains, but for some strange reason I’m forced to grind mini games in order to do so, I guess that makes sense?

2 Likes

Damn right,I’d love to jump in to help guilds on my hpal/druid.

I just cannot stand doing it again though.

1 Like

Literally 80% of my guild.

1 Like

75% of my guild.

I only agree for ones that may be harder to obtain… Honestly the ones you get by default aren’t too bad to level up.
But the drops or pvp ones, yes… needs to be acct bound.

would you look at that

yet another account wide essences thread on reddit at the top

the people don’t want it I was told ?!

1 Like