Accidentally abandoned pet

Casual noob here :frowning: I accidentally abandon my beloved hunter pet (SteveFrench) I’ve had for almost 30 levels. Is there anyway to restore him? Please help

As long as it isn’t on Classic, try popping in a ticket to see if a GM can help out.

1 Like

it is on my classic character :frowning:

The way things are set up for Classic, Customer Support is extremely limited in what issues that they are able to help with.

When it comes to Hunter Pets, in Classic you can lose them due to neglect, which is part of the challenge of Classic. We are generally not able to tell why a pet may be deleted, only that it has, so they are not able to recover a lot pet. Sorry, Ziimm.

2 Likes

please see this thread

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/accidentally-abandoned-pet/406033

they’ve done it before… I’ll be devastated if I cant get him back

I should add the pet wasn’t neglected or anything… I physically clicked abandon pet instead of dismiss and confirmed without thinking… complete screw up on my end.

Assuming the Game Master did assist there, it is likely they misunderstood policy or were not aware of it. Mistakes are made on occasion.

As policy goes though, it is not something that our staff can help with, sorry.

1 Like

Where’s the policy that says you cannot help someone correct an honest mistake? Clearly you have the ability. That’s literally heartbreaking.

The majority of the policies that our Game Masters follow are internal and not for public consumption.

Otherwise, an outline of the basics can be found here:

Not to sound flippant, Ziimm, but we have the ability to grant you 5 billion gold, all the best armor, pets and mounts too. Part of the game, especially WoW Classic, is making those meaningful decisions and living with the consequences of your actions. I’m sorry that you accidentally abandoned your pet, truly, but it is not an irreversible mistake. You can tame the pet again and hopefully not make the same mistake a second time.

5 Likes

WOW, what an arrogant response for a customer service rep. Lock this thread please. I’ll be reaching out elsewhere.

I’m sorry you feel that way, Ziimm. It is a truthful response though and trying to put things into perspective.

To be clear, this forum is not a ticket system. This post would have not resulted in any action taken in regard to your request. We are here to provide what insight we can into what Support may be able to do.

As the policy currently stands, I’m afraid it is unlikely that reaching out will provide a different answer but I wish you luck.

Edit: For transparency, that thread has been removed to help avoid any further confusion about our policies about this matter.

9 Likes