Academic Community Interest Thread (RP)

Hello Moon Guard,

I’ve been thinking about the possibility of creating a cross faction academic community across various fields ranging from the arcane to hard sciences, history, philosophy, etc… Most cross faction RP is related to military conflict and I think it would be cool to have an organized platform to publish/debate ideas and discoveries in a neutral setting like Dalaran.

Obviously I’m not expecting anyone to pull out their old APA, MLA, or Chicago Manual of Style books in order to write pages of citations, but it could be an interesting avenue for server engagement, especially among academically inclined characters.

Would anyone be interested in this?

7 Likes

My char isn’t necessarily oriented toward it, but I’d love to have an outlet for any sort of treatises I’ve been writing up for Undead and their tactical advantages for any standing army.

I’m in support of it, as much as I’m knowledgable in. It’d be a good community to IC’ly learn something in, while publishing what I know.

2 Likes

Something like that would totally fit in with this idea. Military theory is 100% an academic subject.

Ultimately the goal is to try and keep this as open as possible rather than orienting it towards one thing or another.

1 Like

Count me in, and also I am taking the liberty to show this some love on some other communities.

1 Like

Count me In. I would love to work on something like this.

1 Like

Excellent, I’ll go ahead and press on with this then. I’ll work on it over the weekend and I should have more deets for everyone soon.

I love academy rp! Give me more people to teach shadow magic to!

1 Like

Northgate from the Alliance Free Press is really good about publishing player fanon research and the like if it is a reasonable length ( a couple pages or less). The newspaper is Alliance Free Press, and I am not sure if there is a Horde equivalent, but they have published stuff from Horde and other factions before. In the Magus Senate we have been collecting links to various fanon research from ourselves and others on our website under the Grand Library tag (Kirintor . org) We made up a couple of think tanks and companies that publish the research. We have the Runeweaver Center for International Studies, the Drenden Institute for Applied Strategic Magic, and Citadel Publishing which is just a company that publishes various things our members create. I think there is interest in this sort of a thing. There was a community project called the Arcane Union alliance side, it is kind of inactive now but could be revived, that was a collection of magic users to get together and do stuff that people shared research in too.

1 Like

Would love something like this, I’d devote entire characters around this theme.

Crescent Voyage and I would certainly be interested!!

1 Like

I would be interested in things like trade, resources, economics. That stuff has always fascinated me and is a big part of our guild. The Privateer Press (Neutral Paper) would report those kinds of topics as well.

3 Likes