Abyssal Breach, Vashj'ir and The Abyssal Maw

Blizzard, just thought you should know that the Abyssal Breach area (I completed all the chapter quests) in Vashj’ir is horribly graphically broken. Can’t see my character, can’t see the actual breach (swirly water), can’t see npc’s, it’s strange.

Same goes for the Abyssal Maw though (area that has the portal to Throne of Tides), as I can’t see any small decorations, can’t see the NPC, can’t see the summoning stone, and I can’t see the Instance Portal either (though I can go through it still).

The only thing I can see is the very basic part of the areas, and shadows of my character and the NPC’s.

… it’s a very big bug I think.

8 Likes

And woops, posted with alt instead of main… lol

I’m having the exact same bug, levelling a toon. Entered the abyssal breach and all npc’s and me are invisible cant complete the quest.

This issue is still happening i am trying to finish the loremaster achievement but cant see npc’s or my character. please address this issue.

3 Likes

As am I, can see shadows and that is all. Please help!

1 Like

Sorry, posted on wrong character.

Confirming that this is still the case.

On the quest “The Looming Threat” given by Farseer Gadra inside the Damplight Chamber where you’re granted a vision of the Abyssal Breach, once the quest req was fulfilled I had to hard-log out (20 second wait and all) and log back in to be brought back to the Chamber and be able to turn in the quest, due to the Spirit of Gadra (and myself, and all of the other mobs present in the version of the Breach that the vision takes place in) being invisible and impossible to interact with, though I could see the speech bubbles from Gadra’s scripted talk.

When I had finished all of the Shimmering Expanse and took the submarine trip to the Darkbreak Cove on the rim of the Abyssal Depths, and then started seahorsing around to explore, I’d repeatedly find myself in areas where my toon, every mob in the area and all terrain bar the base floor went invisible, though this didn’t stop hostile mobs from proximity-aggroing and attacking me, and I could attack back with full effect once I turned myself in the right direction (guided only by the “You are facing the wrong direction” error messages during combat). I could then only loot the corpse because as a Hunter, I had acquired the Fetch ability. I wasn’t able to skin the corpse.

Luckily for me, I had no interest in questing much further since I was only interested in levelling on this toon at the time, but because of the current graphics issues, the fact remains that on Alliance-side it becomes literally impossible to proceed any further with the Vashj’ir storyline once you’re at the “The Brothers Digsong” breadcrumb because that section of the Underlight Canyon is within the broken volume of the Abyssal Depths. I have little doubt that it’s the same with the Horde-side “Orako” breadcrumb.

Bug is still happening. Can only see shadows and the basic terrain.

Bug still happening and it’s been 3 months, it is not possible to do the loremaster atm (that’s what I was doing there) because Humphrey Digsong in the quest The Brothers Digsong is invisible and untargetable.

4 Likes

I can also confirm this issue. I am unable to complete the quest for the Red Monocle, which is for the Hivemind hidden mount.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say that this is still happening. I’m on the quest Orako and can’t complete it due to having no npc to click on as he is indivisible. Seems like everything below a certain depth in this zone just disappears. In some cases even the terrain.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Still a problem. Trying to do the into the tides quest.

2 Likes

Just wanted to hop into this and say the game has been suffering from severe graphical glitches for a while. I have this issue as well as there not being walls in places many times.

Wife found a work around. Once your in zone Kill the game and log back in.

4 Likes

Hi there, this bug is still happening. After going down far enough into the Abyssal Breach, many objects become invisible (except shadows). I wasn’t able to progress past the “Orako” quest.

However, as per @Czarcazm in the post above, the issue is fixed if you quit the game while in the area (you need to exit WoW completely, don’t just logout), then log back in.

3 Likes

Yep, me too. Still not wokring.

Hey, just wanted to say that it hasn’t been fixed yet. I was trying to complete loremaster in my other account but I haven’t been able to. Also killed Poseidus today and as soon as the body fell in the Abyssal depths area it disappeared making it unable to loot

8-24-2020
Went out to vashj’ir, abbysal depths to be exact. The bug is still here. I’ve only done the first two quest. Enough to unlock the sea legs swim speed buff. I hope they fix the bug soon but looking at this post I doubt it.

Just wanted to add that this bug is still occurring. My wife and I were leveling alts. We have the same addons and almost identical computers. Her game did not have the issue, mine did. Reloading UI and logging did not resolve, only killing the game and restarting (thanks to this thread) fixed it. If it matters, I’m playing on my Druid while she is playing on her Warlock. I’ve noticed many issues playing on the Druid in this zone.

1 Like