Absorbs to No Longer Prevent Daze (EDIT: APPARENTLY A BUG)

LOL luv you too

1 Like

Who the F thought that this was a good idea?

7 Likes

I am not surprised. This is yet another step in Blizzard’s plan to remove waterwalking from the game. They want everyone to use the anti-daze equipment. Then the next expansion they’ll just remove waterwalking equipment because “nobody used it.”

3 Likes

Hahahahaha, god, you read me like an open book. I hate that feeling of being unmoving in traffic, sometimes I’ll take the weird, windy detour that takes 10-20m longer just to avoid the jam, even though it literally takes much longer.

3 Likes

This. 10,000 times.

6 days left. Speak with your wallet boys and girls. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just knew this system was going to lead to more bad ideas. Definitely not surprised.

3 Likes

This is also another mechanism where they remove traits that distinguish classes.

Obviously as a Warlock, I appreciated the value of my demon armor or whatever it is that enbubbles me. And, yea, when mount equipment came out, for sure I was going to get water walking. Now, I won’t. I’ll get the no-way-no-daze toy instead, reverting me back to exactly where I was before, for some petty amount of gold I won’t miss.

For me, no meaningful choice here. The idea is that they’re supposed to offer meaningful choice. Well, for a Warlock that’s been running around with the ability to avoid daze and not water walk, guess what I’m used to doing? Not water walking.

There’s no way that water walking is more interesting to me than no-daze is.

So, this choice is as much a no-brainer as water walking would have been before hand (though I did seriously think about the free parachute/glider, that seemed more interesting that water walking to me).

1 Like

Can someone show me where the middle finger emoji is? I really wanna share with Blizz devs how I feel about this change in a concise, direct way…

4 Likes

I’ve had the azerite trait shield on most of my characters, but I never knew them to be able to prevent daze. I usually run around groups of mobs, not right through the middle. I guess there is still a way to avoid it most of the time.

As soon as I learned that R.P. prevented Daze/Dismount, I made sure to always have at least 1 on my 3 max toons. On this guy, it is glaringly obvious just how rampant the Daze mechanic truly is by comparison.

1 Like

You have went above and beyond in the success of player retention in BfA, Blizzard. Awesome job!

Yeah, I’m convinced they’re trying to kill the game. They can’t be this stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the modern wow modus operandi, Abuse your subscribers with fake betas that have no real testing purposes and everything to do with hype.

Then at the last minute dump all the bad changes onto live so the bait and switch tactic is successful.

3 Likes

100,000,000,000,000 IQ play on behalf of Blizzard. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?

2 Likes

But…but…“it makes the world feel more alive”
Blizzard’s new buzz word

Blizzard: “Flying and Portals makes the World of Warcraft less alive!”

Also Blizzard: Makes the world 100x more tedious for players to travel through, therefore making more players choose portals or flight to bypass everything.

3 Likes

Blizzard, I’m really trying to have some faith in you but you mess it up every. single. time.

4 Likes

Classic wow releases August 27th 2019

1 Like

Every couple weeks I’ll poke in the GD to see what y’all are crying about lately. Didn’t disappoint.

2 Likes

All this expansion, unfun mechanics have been implemented for the “long-term health” of the game.

• GCD changes were a broad game-wide fix to a warrior-only problem.
  • Gold inflation was a bit runaway, but deflation absolutely wrecked the ability for players to buy items from old content. Rich hoarders got richer while the poor are barely scraping by through a raid night’s repair bill.
  • Balancing classes with artifacts and legendaries was too costly, so Azerite was a lackluster way to emulate the fun and flexible gameplay-changing legendaries of Legion with far less effort.
  • World quest grouping was altered to prevent quick-grouping for reasons no player ever gave a crap about, so instead of grouping at all, players just go out of their way to do easy one-mob WQs.
  • Mob scaling was implemented to keep the challenge constant, so players lost all sense of progression with improved gear. Which also feeds into the aforementioned WQ problem.
  • Portals were implemented and removed to unify quick travel and give players a grander sense of scale, but really instead the added effort for some locations disincentivized exploration and revisiting of old content.

And now this. You want people to not use waterstriders, and mount equipment was a good way to do this. It didn’t have to be a deep system with “meaningful choice”, but no, you just had to go the extra mile.

You can’t let perfect be the enemy of good. You’re so caught up in making perfect systems that you forgot that you first want a good game that people want to play. Get it together, Blizzard.

15 Likes