About "Trade Services"

carries have always been unsupported functions - they state if the entire transaction cannot be done within a trade window, it isn’t supported. No one else got reimbursed for this.

1 Like

guy bought a carry and got scammed and he figures just because blizzard made a trade services channel so that the trade channel could be used they should give him his gold back.

1 Like

Understood.

Point was there are too many pertinent details missing.

They created that channel in an attempt to curb it from continuing to spread into other areas that were a problem. Blizzard has been very clear on this one point. They do not support activities like carries and this is a buyer beware area. They have just understood that no matter how they feel about “carries”, there is very little they can do to stop it. It is a player created situation and outside of their ability to stop.

When such sales were made by communities rather than individual players, there was less such fraud. In fact, people did not buy less, only now the risk is higher.

Well people just need to stop buying them from level 1 alts saying they are part of “insert uber raiding guild here”.

1 Like

I still don’t understand, if a person buys a raid, then he automatically buys it from the community) because 1 player cannot sell you a solo raid himself)

You’re not familiar with lying?

1 Like

The channel likely exists for the sake of the new profession system / personal work orders and such.

They’ve always said that any trade that isn’t fully within the built in trade window is unsupported. Throwing gold at someone for nothing in return in the trade window because they say they’ll carry you is exactly that.

Generally, they will take the gold from the scammer if its blatant, but they don’t return the gold, it’s just lost.

if players don’t buy services with gold, they will buy even more with real money.
It will not work like this: it was forbidden to sell services for gold and people stopped buying them.

No, that’s what trade channel is for.

The channel was made for the service selling people.

3 Likes

You can take steps to help protect yourself. And the first one should be to not buy carries from a random level 1 in SW named “Jwerewrwre”. There are safe ways to get carries done and none of them start with the above situation.

1 Like

Exactly.

Never, ever hand gold to someone unless you’re looking at the boss, standing in the mythic with the right key or in a full group of 2400 rated (or whatever) PvPers.

2 Likes

So you’d prefer blizz to just distribute/manage it themselves? It’s the only way we can keep people safe. /s

Correct. Blizzard considers loans, boosts, carries, etc to be unsupported transactions and always has. They may punish the scammer, but you don’t get your gold back. They have never given gold back for unsupported transactions.

You can buy or sell WoW items and some in-game services for gold.

• If you want to buy or sell gold, you must use the WoW Token service.
  • If you want to buy or sell boosting or carry services:
    • If you are a seller, you must adhere to advertising rules.
    • If you are a buyer, you must not share your account with your booster. Please note that boosting and carry services are unsupported.

I was scammed

If you were victim of a scam during an unsupported trade, contact us. Game Masters cannot restore any of your losses. However, we will investigate and take appropriate action against the offender. Please provide as much detail as possible in your ticket.

Only for supported transactions done through the trade window such as crafting mats that are stolen despite an agreement done using in-game chat. The person may get the crafting mats back.

The forums are for players to discuss the game with other players. If you want to make a suggestion privately, you would use the in-game suggestion tool.

Blizzard has been clear that unsupported transactions are at the player’s own risk since 2004. I am not sure where they ever “pretended” otherwise.

3 Likes

Advertising on level 1 alts, or any char not participating in the raid/dungeon, is against the advertising rules and should be reported. I check char level on advertisments and report them when I see them. I am not in town much, but I help where I can to get rid of them.

No, that is not the case. Customer Support is an Information Desk on how to use the Support system, explain policies, explain services, etc. It is not a vector to file complaints or suggestions. They don’t pass on feedback to the Devs. The OP was correct to post their complaint on GD. The CMs do read the forum and pass along feedback, even if they don’t post in the threads.

1 Like

yea because it had nothing to do with said community’s participating in massive rwt rings that gave crap tons of gold to online sellers…

I got scammed once and I got my gold back.

1 Like

Ah, fair enough!

In that case, I do feel that Blizzard needs to be directly involved in resolving scams and getting the victim their gold back, rather than the old way of treating it as “unsupported” and only removing it from the game rather than returning it.

If they aren’t willing to do that, then they need to do the exact opposite of what they’ve done and outright ban publicly advertised paid carry services. You can’t officially advocate for its existence via in-game features and then not back that up at all with player support.

I thought maybe their policies had changed or were in the process of changing, but given this post from last month, no, it seems they’re actively continuing to ignore the problems that come with endorsing these services.

Imgur