About the new Hogger model on Alpha

It’s so bad it feels like a joke.

Now he looks like a friendly pet dog who died and the owners had stuffed to display in their living room. What’s going on with Blizz?

2 Likes

I think this is the first time that I’ve liked an update that will go game-wide. I usually despise when they do this. Especially my mounts and pets.

But this one I like, though he needs to be more distinct and needs his armor.

I agree it’s strange to see Hogger, of all characters, get updated, though.

It’s like somehow there’s some sort of “Karmic Balance” in the universe that has to be maintained, and the existence of “Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey” forced Blizzard to dumb down Hogger to compensate for Winnie the Pooh becoming a serial killer.

4 Likes

Could you imagine if they decided to leave his model alone but change all the gnolls around him? Like ya fight your way through this horde of hyena men with fluid combat animations and such and then you confront their leader and he’s just this stocky low poly mesh with a perma snarl?

If I did have to change anything on the new hogger it would be to just give him a pauldron, that’s it. Everything else is amazing and I can’t wait to kick his hyena backside to the stockade . . . and then kill him there to.

This is oddly hilarious and yet I somehow wish I did not search it.

1 Like

Most of my issues áre that the new model didn’t follow the guideliness of the poder as i pointed in the alfa thread (i recomend go there too) the manos issues áre:

• Fur too light, original and oficial art of Hogger have darker (dark-brown) fur
  • Hogger in most art Is depicted with GREEN eres Yet the new model have regular Brown eyes
  • The Axé Is the incorrect one, this seen like a oversight tbh as i have Made the same mistake drawing him a few times
  • The armor Is completelly different, original and official art depict Hogger with a full armor covering all the Body and one Big shoulder Yet the updated model does even go for a nearly no armor
  • Pawcufts (or whatever the name) originally have chains and Is dark like Is Made of a different klather Yet the updated lack those chains and Is too light

I underestand they want to update Hogger model but this Is nearly a different (and a generic) model that might even lead to legal issues in the far future…

At the best they could brown-darken the fur and green the eyes

My issue is why do that much work to change the posture of gnolls. And then it just gets worse from there.

Like in legion I remember wanting zombie model updates, and by 7.2 we got them. No posture change but just higher fidelity and bringing it up to current day. They look good.

Same for a myriad of other creatures. These gnolls are just weird.

1 Like

Why does everybody say this exact line about almost everything they dislike, lol

Not something I’ve heard a lot but in this case they are right. He’s like some minion the TaleSpin version of Shere Khan would deploy or something, idk.

The new models would be perfectly fine if the eyes were not so bulgy , makes them look like baseball mascots.

1 Like

Hence the comments about fur suits.

I’m sure they know how to respect the integrity of the models. They’ve just choosing not to so they can make some weird Disney-Pixar models.

Because nu-Blizzard keeps doing it? Like… yeah, everyone is saying the same line because it’s the most logical reaction?

He actually has one.

I do like the look of the new Gnoll model in general, but I’m not a huge fan of Hogger’s new model. Doesn’t look as menacing as he once did. Not feeling it.

3 Likes

Just pls get rid of the paw icon on the gloves and use the old head model until you come up with something that doesn’t look like it came off R34.

they did our boy very dirty

1 Like

The model itself is a decent looking model, but definitely doesn’t look like Hogger.

He went from grimacing and snarling to looking like he’s eagerly awaiting you to throw his favorite ball. #makehoggerscaryagain

2 Likes

Oh, must have been the screenshot angle . . . Looks fine to me, can’t wait to bunch him in his stupid hyena man face.

that’s a reference to one of the cosplay winners from Blizzcon iirc

1 Like

Oh god, what did they do hogger?

checks

What the hell

I like how you don’t actually address the criticism.

2 Likes

But, he’s got a spiked collar! “Rawrrr!”