About the current buyout mode for the Auction House

I’m a long-time player and have always used the AH for the “bid” option. I know I’m exception and a silent minority, but I really dislike the buyout concept, specially because of the undercutting situation. I have no problem with the current AH, since it has its appeals to the majority, however I do have a problem with the fact that there is no option to set “bid only” as the default method of posting. Besides that, it seems that items with more than 1 unit can’t be placed without the buyout-only option. Why is that? I can see bid working for it too. Bid is love, bid is life.

Please, more options = more quality and comfort. Bring an option to set “bid” default again.

In case anyone wonders why I value it over buyout, it is simply because I don’t like spending much time in the AH, like others. I like to see my items being sold ASAP and the price should be on the market to decide. Not some mad goblins that want to dictate prices. Also, sometimes, out of greed, people just hit the bid to see what happens, and they can’t go back. Sometimes they will regret the decision, but it is too late pal. You sold your soul to greediness. Give me your money, or hope for other greedies.

tl;dr buyout mode is fine, but I would appreciate an option to set “bid-only” mode as default. I have a different philosophy towards the AH.

2 Likes

I have literally never bid on an item in my life

4 Likes

Lmao. Even if the bid is 1c and the buyout is 500g?

That is never the case lol

:stuck_out_tongue: Classic WoW is a good example for big differeces between bid and buyout prices. However, some abuses must be countered: the design must now allow you to cancel the auction and the new bid should be a % higher than the previous bid, to avoid things like “increasing 1c” to get the winning bid.

Yeah Im missing the buy out mode also. Ive gotten mounts worth 10k for 1k using bid options.
I do not like the system not allowing us to make bid auctions whenever we like and on any item.
This is a complete fail as far as Im concerned.
You dont give partial access to players with programs like this. Especially an economic one.
complete fail.

I’ve gotten lucky with a bid or two. And the nice thing about bidding, you get your gold back if you’re outbid.

That said, when I just want the mats, I will buyout whatever I can to help me through the profession grind. Saves me time.