Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Just posting this gem again since the last post was abruptly closed at the start of the year since the issue went away (assuming because a lot of people had stopped playing): Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Posting this up because, you guessed it, the lag is back.

I’m happy to see Dragonflight doing so well, so far it’s a great expansion. I’m really enjoying myself, except for the little problem of the OCE lag that has pestered us since BfA.

Any chance we can get this looked into again? We want around and around with support last time with them telling us it was on our end when it’s clearly on the server side. There’s something wrong somewhere on the server or network architecture that’s bottlenecking somewhere and causing this lag. OCE just needs to matter enough for you to actually go and look.

Signed,
A frustrated OCE player.

1 Like

Yup, back again…
Its like you lot purchased the bare minimum package in the server department.

1 Like

I thought it was one of my addons causing issues as it randomly popped up. Glad to know it’s not on my end.

It’s quiet annoying to see world/home latency at 50 but it takes half a GCD for abilities to go off.

Major server lag in multiple zones on NA servers too.

1 Like

I’m NA and also just started getting awful lag today despite normal latency. Checked my ping to the servers in command prompt and I have 100% packet loss. Currently trying to see if I can fix the pathing but so far, nothing has worked.

Happens to OCE server every release since BFA. World zones fall to pieces very quickly. Loot lag ability lag and quest completion lag.

The current problems that NA and OCE are having in Azure Span are because of a double event in the region.

But OCE players just get ignored and told to wait every expansion launch, we have threads going back years about it and nothing gets done.

1 Like

Just bumping this post so it doesn’t get locked like the last one. Loot/Ability lag is still here despite normal latency. Can we get someone to really look into this?

Sadly the issue is just too many players in the zone doing X activity (Like hunts, feast or siege).

I’ve started to avoid the zones unless I need to do that content.

The thing that’s annoying, is we shouldn’t have to avoid those zones just because there is activity there. A multi-million (possibly billion) dollar company should have stout servers to be able to handle this kind of work load.

How about instead of giving ol’ Bob another 300 million for a new Yacht, how’s about we fix the Oceanic Servers?

Getting chronic lag in open world zones again today. This is pathetic.

What’s worse, is I opened a ticket with a link to this thread (and the previous one) and they told me they’d notice an issue ongoing for four years. Do they just have amnesia and forgot about all the work they did in BFA trying to resolve the problem?

Bumping to prevent this from closing. Issue is still ongoing. Hasn’t let up. I’ve resorted to raid logging since doing any outdoor, non-instanced content results in three second plus looting times and almost a full second delay in abilities going off while my latency meter shows that all is well.

Am I the only one still experiencing this?

This is happening again this evening. Trying to do a WQ in Waking Shore, constant lag when looting and definate lag in casting. This is reminiscent of the worst of the lag we had back in BFA.

Realm: Nagrand
Zone: Waking Shore

I have to wonder if this problem will ever get fixed or - as apparently it happened with BfA, we will simply end up with it lessening as the Oceanic player population dropped off.

It is pretty mind-boggling this continues. 39/39 latency here, yet spikes at the server end regularly occur where several seconds pass between clicking and an ability happening, or looting etc. I counted to 7 yesterday after clicking a herb, before a slow, laggy loot window opened. Have there been blue posts on the issue this year?

People have tried defending the old threads on it being closed due to “well they obviously fixed it 'cos it seemed to go away, so this is a new thread for a new problem”. I couldn’t disagree more. Zones in BfA, Korthia, the Maw, and now it seems, most of the Dragon Isles…anywhere there’s lots of population. Population goes away, problem resolves. Particularly where there’s something that could be creating plenty of extra calculations for player abilities (Cobalt Assembly), special events perhaps adding load on the servers due to mad amounts of sharding mayhem, or creating a huge pool of players in one area all going ham on something (soup event, Dragonbane Keep, hunts…).

I fully agree with previous posters - aside from this and a rather embarrassing amount of other minor bugs - this expac is otherwise so good. Can you fix this? Or should we be unsubbing and awaiting a full rebuild for WoW 2.0?

All day today … a constant and noticable 1 second+ delay for every interaction/event in game. Changing maps doesn’t help.

Tried playing an Evoker and the lag on The Waking Shores was horrible despite it saying my latency was fine.
Every time I tried to loot something, every time I tried activating Glide.
Just goes to show how little Blizz cares about Oceanic.
Realm listings for Oceanic on Classic are bollocks too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.