Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

It’s so disappointing that this has been going on for so long. We can’t even enjoy the new content.

2 Likes

Now that the patch has had a few days to settle I think I can safely say it’s gotten unequivocally worse since patch launch. First day influx of activity + invasions (because of mass group shenanigans) get a pass, but I’m seeing consistent input lag even outside of invasion periods.

Pre-patch I definitely saw a difference. Now it’s back to same old same old.

This is definitely worse since the patch.

Also, I was getting massive lag in a warfront. It was a US shard, but accounting for that, the lag was closer to 4-5000ms. I was getting error messages like “You are mounted” when trying to attack things. When I tried to mount, it wouldn’t show the mount at all, I would simply run faster (which is cool, but not intended).

I’ve never experienced issues in instances before. I was on my monk for this.

1 Like

There’s new content, holidays are starting and more people are playing. As a result the lag is back in a big way. :frowning:

This furthers my hypothesis that the on demand servers aren’t coming up fast enough or just aren’t there or being paid for.

I decided to do some Archaeology as that shouldn’t be effected but it’s really quite irritating, it was really bad so I decided to capture it. Of course it was worse before I recorded it but that’s always they way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XOWVir9Krs

I pressed my stealth binding when the wolves arrived, it didn’t register in time. You can see the delay in the abilities being registered on my DoT tracker. When I use Wild Charge you can see the delay in it registering, then there’s the lag indicator on the cast bar and the delay in the loot box coming up, then the delay while the loot is removed from the loot box.

All in all it’s a terrible experience.

Edit. I just remembered that this makes fishing near impossible if the bite happens late, even if it doesn’t sometimes you don’t get the fish.

Edit 2. The video was recorded in Tiragarde Sound, now I’m in Nazmir the lag is, mostly, gone. Fishing works, combat is fine but occasionally there’s a hiccup. This is 16:40 AEDT, the video was recorded at 15:30 AEDT.

1 Like

Currently unable to finish a Make Loh Go world quest because I keep lagging in a forward motion, which eventually makes the little turtle dude run in to a wall… Have given it several goes and can’t even get half way. Disappointing!

3 Likes

Currently unable to finish a Make Loh Go world quest because I keep lagging in a forward motion, which eventually makes the little turtle dude run in to a wall… Have given it several goes and can’t even get half way. Disappointing!

This lol. What an utter embarassment that a company like Blizzard can’t fix this issue after so many months. My turtle is actually doing 270 degree turns on my screens. On one hand it’s hilarious, on the other its a sad example of the decline of a once great gaming company. To any CM’s I REALLY hope you are feeding this direct feedback, quotes and all, to the powers that be so they can see what an utter shambles their sharding technology has become.

2 Likes

Cant wait to spend 6 months waiting for a fix that should have been in the game before you started selling the damn thing.

9 Likes

Not sure if it’s a related issue or not but I had a ridiculous amount of issues last night.
I logged on and an incursion happened to be active so I decided to give it a go on my Paladin, perhaps get a level or so.

Worst decision of my life, I had initially planned to do it on my Hunter as well for the XP and also my DH for the gear reward, and lets just say after my Paladin was finished I just logged and played other games. And in truth, if it wasn’t for the sunk cost fallacy I wouldn’t have done the Paladin.

During this whole experience my ms was ~34 occasionally up to about 50, which is fairly expected with my net.
So I take the FP into Nazmir to Cuja (near Krag’wa’s Burrow) as that was my closest one.
I mount up, only to find that I’m not mounted and just running fast, ok, it happens some times and updates within a few seconds. I run all the way to the WQ Self Guided Tour, still no mount animation. Game doesn’t recognise me as being mounted either as my auto dismount on abilities isn’t working, I have to manually right click the buff to dismount.

I start the WQ, there are chests I need to loot for Nazmir Battleplans, fortunately there are a lot of them so I get to collecting. “There is no Loot” “There is no Loot”.
Everyone is going off in general and /y about it. No one can loot. I log, relog, nothing. I exit completely, relog, nothing. I /reload, nothing.
I repeat these processes a couple of times before giving up.

I leave, go to mount, still no animation, still have to rick click to dismount and use abilities. However now I have a new issue, now my Paladin is no longer generating Holy Power with his abilities, I can use my NON spender abilities so Crusader Strike/Judgement/Blade of Wrath, as well as utilities such as Hammer of Justice. They just don’t generate Holy Power. Consequently I couldn’t use spenders because of this, it wasn’t just acting as a visual bug.

Great. So I repeat the process or logging, relogging, /reloading, exiting etc etc. Still nothing. So I kill 12 mobs for my next WQ with 3 abilities…amazing gameplay. Someone suggests I join queued content to fix it, I queue arena skirmish, gameplay is fine in their, my shaman buddy and I wipe the floor I come back out. Still broken…

I move to the next WQ, now I can’t pick up the WQ. I’m right on the spot, I can see the mobs, I can see the objects but I can’t interact with the objects and I can’t get credit from the mobs. I do the trusted log, relog and this time I get somewhere, I can now do the WQ and I can now early Holy Power! Yay! But now it’s lagging like nothing else, every ability is a couple of seconds to cast, but I persevere and get it done.

Move to the elite WQs, fortunately these were easier because I had multiple people completing it and the same time, so no real issues here.
I’ve now done my 4 quests for the incursion (the first one is still incomplete)
and progress to the next stage. I take a flight to the aircraft carrier in the waters and jump into the big bomb for the next stage.

“Obliterate the Alliance” Progress 0% out of 100%, the bomb flight takes a long flight back to where the previous WQs were before telling me to “take it from here”. Take what from here? I look around, I check my buttons, ok this vehicle can drop bombs and shoot a machine gun, that’s great, at what?

Nothing was spawned. There was nothing to kill, again other people were crying out over general chat about the issues they are having. So I fly back (wasn’t sure if dismounting would just drop me there and leave me to walk back) then I dismount and re-enter the bomb.

I again fly over to the quest area and success! This time I actually have mobs! (It’s a worry in a game when you are pleased that things are just how they should always be) I finish the quest, go to the next area, kill the captain and I’m done. Just need to hand in.

I go hand and hand in, decide to try and use the XP buff on that WQ my issues started with. I fly back again I can’t mount up properly, I go onto the airship, attempt to loot 5 chest, still unable to loot anything even after waiting beside it to “respawn”. Nothing.

I hearth, I close the game, and I move on to a game that actually works and doesn’t feel like a chore to play.

Getting really disappointed with this game. I’ve been staunchly standing beside it for 12 years but now the constant lack of quality has started to get under my skin.
I’ve always liked WoW because it felt polished, everything felt smooth so it was easy to stay engaged as opposed to other MMO’s. But now it doesn’t have that anymore… :frowning:

5 Likes

The Oceanic lag is once again happening. Servers overloaded? Home/World sitting at 30ms… Warfronts and cities in BFA feel much much worse. Eyebeam for example can last up to 10seconds when cast. Loot takes a long time to collect. Everything just takes ages.

still happening. not even improving its getting worse. will post data later on tonight

1 Like

My God its bad tonight Cmon blizz fix it already

Since launch and this mess still continues. What is the point in Oceanic servers if I feel like I’m on a US one anyway.
Faith in Blizzard taking a massive nose dive.

Occurring in Stormsong on Saurfang. Server doesn’t really matter with shards. Always loads of Alliance visible when it is at its worst.

Couldn’t hit anything, couldn’t interact because I was getting error messages saying I was mounted, or shapeshifted. Which is new. Before it just took 10 seconds for anything to happen, so good job on the exciting progress you’re making in fixing this.

It had been a tiny bit better in the latter stages of 8.0

Now…after the world has a minor influx of players doing the new content, it’s gone to the dogs yet again.

Any zone that has the invasion in them is horrible.

1 Like

I did some herbing last night on Frostmourne and had to give it a miss as loot lag was approx. 10 seconds.
I am sure a Blizzard person will blame my setup for it thought…just like the character selection screen prior to 8.1 was player issues.

1 Like

4 Months and it is still not fixed.
Shows the level that Bliz cares…or lack of.

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed it more coming back into 8.1 as well. Apart from the obvious issues I experienced in the post I set out above I had simply noticed that my DH felt a lot less fluid, it wasn’t crazy like it has been but enough of a delay before each delivery that it was very obviously felt.

It was like having a 2s GCD with a 0.5s ability activation time.

4 months and still not fixed. This is actually unplayable during peak hours to the point where world quests won’t even register!

Time to cough up some refunds Blizzard.

4 Likes

America is now experiencing these issues. Maybe a fix will come sooner because they don’t seem to care about Oceania. I cannot believe it is still happening. I am unsubbed and have been for about a month but I still follow the forums for some hope so that I can come back. There is no hope! ;(

3 Likes

Am I a bad person I’m sitting back and enjoying the forum slowly fill up with the US players complaining now too?

Feels very much like “well…we told you about this, but you ‘couldn’t confirm it’
… can you confirm it now?”

also bump; we still exist and we know.

4 Likes