Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

I play nagrand oceanic i was playing today and the latency was pretty bad.
Take a quest and it would not accept for a few min, invisible mounts sometimes cannot hand quests in. I gave up and logged off…i only just came back after 2months…

2 Likes

Just an update. Yesterday (10/01/2019) I was again still experiencing issues.

Aside for the general awful lag I again encountered having my mount not display permanently (would just run really fast), it wouldn’t “dismount” me indoors so I would be stuck mounted, attacking would not auto dismount, instead I got errors saying I can’t do that while mounted (even though settings are correct in options), I had to right click the mount buff to dismount.

Fury wasn’t being generated correctly, and neither was Fury usage (and CD). As long as I had over 10 Fury visually I could spam Blade Dance for the animation (no damage). Using Eye Beam with Blind Fury didn’t generate Fury until about 3-4s after the channel finished.

I also got locked in combat at some point for some unknown reason. Exiting the game wouldn’t fix the issues. However, joining a PvP Brawl did alleviate the issue while I was in it. Unsure if it continued after as I just logged off instead of potentially dealing with it.

Finding myself less enthused about playing the game with all the issues that we seem to be facing. As a long time player I’m finding that to be a really sad state to be in. I have my sub till March-April at the moment but if things are as they are then, as much as it pains me I don’t think I’ll be able to justify continuing my subscription.

I love this game…I just don’t enjoy the experience that we have got at the moment. And that’s just really upsetting for me to say.

3 Likes

Still no reprieve from this issue.

1 Like

crickey, in Arathi at the moment… it seems insane at the moment. None of my holy power building attacks seem to be generating anything, stayed on my Divine Steed for the entire duration of a 30+ second fight, and now despite being on the ground am being told I can’t attack something because I’m mounted. Pretty much unplayable guys :frowning:

4 Likes

…getting killed 'cos the lag is so terrible, running back to corpse and ressing, getting attacked by mobs yet not being able to fight back… 'cos I’m still “dead”… /facepalm.

This despite 36 home / 37 world.

3 Likes

Yeah games minced

3 Likes

Just now in Drustvar/Tiragarde Sound and have that weird mount issue - obvious lag I herb without the mount disappearing and then when I do mount again, Im running around with no mount visible.

So I get sick of that, head back to Boralus, try to vendor stuff in my bag; the items grey out but just sit there. Closing the bag does nothing. I actually have to log off the character and then log back on to clear the bag.

Its fracking ridiculous. Your buggy game continues to meet with my disapproval, Blizz…

4 Likes

Seems to be the same as the issues I’ve been experiencing. Really makes the game unplayable at that point.

2 Likes

Not even toggling warmode helps when an invasion is in progress and seemingly whole world shows up in one area to do it.

I thought now that it was happening on US realms that it would get sorted. But no, Blizzard are okay with having everyone’s play time effected by this. Because while it certainly doesn’t happen to everyone all of the time, you can’t tell me it isn’t experienced frequently by most players - so matter how long they experience it for.

I truly do wish I could talk with my money, and cancel my sub. Because this is some right shonky service. But guilds don’t keep themselves afloat and I rather like the people in mine!

3 Likes

This is completely ruining questing in nazmir on nagrand at 9:10pm server time. I have to log off after every quest hand in. I can’t use quest items and cant even hearth. Wtf dudes :frowning: Its been fine all night previously :frowning:

3 Likes

Sooooo… I took a 2.5 months break from the game, sometimes while my acc was frozen I would visit this thread to see if the issue was fixed. So here it is folks:

The issue still exists post 8.1 launch. IT IS NOT FIXED.

I still get random variable delays when casting my abilites, even if my latency is showing normal values. When traveling doing world quests or leveling, sometimes the game plays great, sometimes it plays horrible and laggy.

The couldn’t fix it, It seems this will be the end of wow for me and many, many people. I’m truly saddened right now.

4 Likes

Yea this is just INSANE how long this issue has persisted. YET WE STILL PAY THEM MONTHLY TO USE A BROKEN SERVICE! Incredible.

4 Likes

Things have been going super crazy over the holidays? Hmmm Well this issue has persisted since the LAUNCH of BFA… Plenty of time other than these holidays to fix this issue. Sorry but i’m beginning to lose ALL faith.

2 Likes

Honestly you probably should have waited or re-consulted this thread before re-subscribing, sucks that you jumped back in hoping for a change and finding none :frowning:

Servers are just having some real hassles these days.

@blizzard is there any chance that these issues we are having a with specific sharding allocations? If re-instancing or hopping shards seems to alleviate the issues we are experiencing does that not point to specific instances of zones (both in NA and OCE) being the issue?
Perhaps through population allocation, or actual hardware side?

Is there a way of isolating the problem shards or does Blizzard have no way of tracking who is on what shard at a particular time? Can something be developed to show what shard we are on so that we can report it at the time of the incident and hopefully pinpoint the issue?

1 Like

I honestly believe they don’t care and won’t fix it because we’re still subbed and playing.

I’m dreading the day the new raid opens. Boralus is going to be so laggy it’ll be like the opening of Ahn’qiraj and people disconnecting left-right-and centre.

This is me on my DH not too long ago. Note how Fel Rush is so incredibly delayed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JrNOOk-3JY

5 Likes

That is gross, similar to some of the experiences I have. I personally like to think that they do care, but either their hands are tied or they honestly have no way of isolating/understanding why the issue is occurring.

When it comes down to subs, I’m currently unsubbed while playing very limited amounts with my remaining time. I honestly hope that by the time my sub runs out they have fixed some of these issues so that I can resub, but I’m just holding onto hope at this point.

2 Likes

I’ve tried VPNs, using ye old BattlePing and Reduce the Lag like services to see if they made a difference, they don’t. Majority of my guildies will avoid tiragarde and drustvar during peak hours because of the lag.

2 Likes

I guess that confirms it’s server side as all those processes mostly adjust connection path.
Tirawhat? I think I’ve said it before but I avoid that place like the plague. I can’t imagine what it is like as an Alliance who is forced to go through that area. I simply resigned myself to not leveling any Alliance this expac.

3 Likes

I levelled my Blood Elf pally with absolutely not lag/latency issues at all, had warmode on when I levelled him too, he’s my only horde toon at the moment.

All my alliance characters however, especially my casters, I had warmode off and on when I levelled them, but it made no difference because the latency got me killed more than once due to the janky casting and weird teleporting about the map.

2 Likes

Away for 3 months and it’s still crap. (A) Frostmourne.

Don’t bother asking for logs Blizzard, you can shove them where the sun doesn’t shine. AAA games will be built in less time than Blizzard takes to fix this bull crap.

5 Likes