Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Or maybe not, as in resolved? Logged into Proudmoore, a hop over the Rockies for me, about three hours ago an had no loot/input lag and a 5ms reduction in latency. Didn’t kill anything so that cycling bug may have still been there, but everything was smooth even for other characters/servers.

May just have gotten on the good side of the RNG gods, a fix is in the works, or they don’t want to get slammed at tomorrow’s Q&A.

This is getting worse…

I used to be okay on my horde on Lightning’s blade.

now I get 2 seconds delays on my horde as well.
Alliance was just delays all the time, no matter what time of day. I play at 7h00 AM in the morning eastern time. Aint nobody on.

happening right now in Tiragarde Sound.

$@^& off blizzard

Happening to me as well, although it seems to be better if I am not on wifi, which I can understand, but even with wifi I have 40-50ms latency which still doesnt explain why this happens. I switched over to a wired connection for now, seems to be working better, but still not 100%. I also tried to disable addons, using stock interface, experienced same issues. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

I haven’t personally noticed any major lag issues since my post five days prior to this one (probably just jinxed myself, Lol), but I’m gonna ask about this during the Developer Q & A today, and (if possible), link this thread in the question post that I make.

I’ve posted a few comments in a thread that was merged with this one several weeks back. My current experience with mount/loot lag:

• Sometimes there’s a slight pause before bug occurs. I have interpreted this as a shard change (not always obvious). (It is not uncommon for shard switching to happen in the middle of combat, which was the case in Legion as well. Is this intentional?)
  • Once bug occurs it rarely fixes itself without logging out (must wait 20 seconds, see below). Occasionally, rarely, there are brief flashes of normalcy, mounting is possible, but then bug reasserts itself when dismounting and then mounting.
  • There does not appear be a pattern to bug trigger interval
  • Often there’s significant PVP activity in the zone when bug occurs
  • Sometimes PVP combat is affected: actions are delayed or ignored, can not rez from death. (I have not died PVE’ing during bug, rez may be an issue with PVE as well)
  • Exiting game completely does not remove bug if less than 20 seconds had lapsed between exit command and re-logging in.
  • Waiting a full 20 seconds resets bug, even when logging out, not just when exiting game.
  • Bug causes mount to not show when mounting, character swift runs instead.
  • Bug causes flight point mount to not show when traveling to destination, character swims in air. Most of the time flight point mount will reappear when switching zones (example: Vol’dun -> Zuldazar), but not always (not sure about personal mount reappearing after zone switch, haven’t tested)
  • Bug cause ~5 second delay of out of combat status, looting results are also delayed (coin sound)
  • During a hour farming session bug might occur up to 4 times, usually, when it does, it only happens twice in an hour
  • I’m usually in Vol’dun when bug occurs, but not always
  • Removing addons does not change bug behavior
  • Reinstall Windows 10 does not change bug behavior
  • Reinstall WoW does not change bug behavior
  • Turning off WoW settings sync and reinstalling does not change bug behavior
  • Using DX11 instead of DX12 does not change bug behavior
  • Heck, nothing in the configuration of WoW client appears to change bug behavior
  • Changing video card driver does not change bug behavior

This is probably a server bug, not a client side issue, and is most likely a problem with session or shard. If it were client side the bug should always reset after closing game and reopening game, even when less than 20 seconds had elapsed. My guess is that the character experiencing the bug is out of sync with the server. Perhaps a state change was dropped, the server ignored what the client sent? Recently there were long stretches of not bug, days, in fact, but it has come back with a vengeance now that more are playing after patch, especially PVP’ing.

Earlier comment lists my specs, which, honestly, I do not think are relevant. Realm is Mal’Ganis. Warmode is on. I’m usually (always?) engaged in combat, firing my actions at a very quick rate, when bug occurs. When farming I loot monsters immediately after killing them, again, swiftly.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue on Mal’ganis.

I’ve contacted a GM and he tried login onto my character and try to get it fixed but still nothing. It seems like it’s more of a latency issue on their end. The only thing I can do to “fix” it is to close the game and relog back in which isn’t really a fix…
Sometimes I have to login log out for 5 mins to just not die to random mobs while questing.
I ran scan and repair, I installed the game not too long ago aswell.
I am from EU playing on US servers.

Same on vash realm. alt tab to force game to restart to temp fix it for 30 mins then repeat . 67-97 wold. My connection is good . I cant do instances it will start from 100 fps then go down to 34ish to 14 quick and I end up booted from group every time. started doing it last week. sometimes all npcs will vanish and sometimes they just stand there and i cant do anything and my minions are looking for me but cant find me.

So my wife is having this issue (and I do not). Its pretty confusing because we both use the same internet connection, and have almost identical machines. Shes done all the file cleaning that the blizzCS canned responses suggest. The only difference is she is playing on a different server, but it sounds like from this thread people from my server also get the issue. It seems to target a small subset of players with no visible pattern that I can see. It is very weird.

Character: JonBon
Realm: Uther
Zone: All around
For the past week and a half, I have been experiencing lag. This is happening while questing in BFA, doing dungeons, warfronts, raids and timewalking. Their seems to be a lag on when I press a button and for a spell to animate or happen. Also every once in a while i get like 2 second freeze frame and then things get back working. Hope this issue fixes soon.

Character: Fatpad
Server: Mal’ Ganis
Average Latency: ~20
Max Frame Rates
CPU is under little stress

I am having the exact same issues as others. I have tried the common troubleshooting fixes to no avail. The most common issue I see is the “you are mounted” bug. I occasionally have problems with quest givers.

This is happening atleast once a week now. Having to repair my game for 20 minutes is insanely annoying…

Hey all,

During our twitch Q&A today Ion talked some about the situation. Here’s the link to the specific part of the Q&A where he talks about it. (For those who don’t want to listen to the twitch chat - we’re looking into a possible blog post/dev watercooler in the future to provide more details.)

1 Like

ALL OCE servers.

All.

1 Like

I, too, am having this issue. My thread in technical support was closed and I was directed to post here. Corral us up and make no attempt to resolve the issue. That’s SOME PIG.

1 Like

ITS been MONTHS and you keep blowing us off and ION talking about it is not a fix or solution… God this is why i stopped playing for longer than a hour at a time… im normaly a understanding person but i DO NOT understand what is the hold up on a fix…

2 Likes

It’s been good all weekend long, but now I have ability lag:

char: Sunshield
Bleeding-Hollow US
4:50pm EST

This was posted on the Mac Tech part, A GM asked me to repost it here.
OK, here’s my 2¢ on this issue.
I noticed the lag was bad after the 8.0 patch. And I assumed that it was all Blizzard.
But, as it happens on my Mac Pro (late 2012 with upgraded video card to allow both WoW and Mojave) I also noticed some other things.
And before we get much further - as techie type I keep my computer running as best it can.
Without WoW running I have no problems other than mail tends to be a bit slower than in High Sierra. I can run Starcraft, Diablo III, even the old Halo CE and all shares nicely.
However, if I run WoW things start dragging almost immediately. OS responses are affected, bandwidth isn’t used correctly (with 280 MBPs incoming there should never be any bandwidth issues when all is operating as it should).
And here’s the rub to the issue of having to use some resolution reducer. I have 3 other hard drives installed, besides the Mojave main drive I have 2 High Sierra drives and the backup drive.
I experience most of the complaints I have read through above as I have level 120 Paladin, Warrior, Mage and Warlock. I have more in other places at lower levels.
Loading is dog slow, Boralus loads like molasses in winter, I often have to wait for the flight master for up to a minute to appear. Scenarios load at random slow speeds. flying shows stuttering from one zone to another, opening bags is like playing on a Mac SE (ha ha) as the frames open fast but the contents take up to a minute to appear.
I run at setting 8 for graphics, which is down 2 from what I could run pre-8.0.
Note - all this is on Mojave.
I got irritated today (because [battle.net](http://battle.net) never loaded after 5 minutes), so I switched over to one of my High Sierra drives. NB - I never ran WoW yet today on Mojave.
Launch WoW from the [battle.net](http://battle.net) app. It loaded nicely.
Loaded my first character to test, and it loaded in like 30 seconds (compared to a minute or 2 on Mojave).
Boralus loaded up fine, opening the bags and their contents filled in like 5 seconds. I ran around doing some World Quests, no zone lags. No spell cast lags or mage (fire spec) heating up lags, no attack delays.
Ran the mage, then ran the pally. Had no problems with either. No bad lagging or delays. Even loaded one of my guys who is in Pandaria on the ranch. No delay issues at all (which I see on Mojave).
As reference - this was all on High Sierra (10.13.6)
Same computer, same amount of RAM, same video card, same Add Ons, smallest available HD space was 250GB, same monitors (I run 2).
And WoW had all the same settings on both OSes.

I have to state that I don’t think WoW has been optimized very much for Mojave when you have the direct comparison with High Sierra and almost all other variables are controlled.

Are people having this issue all on Mac OS?
(I keep having this issue, it’s not all the time and it comes randomly and stays for about 5 to 10 mins even with logging out etc)

I’m on Windows 10 and it happens to me. Seems to get worse the longer I play.

Terayon
Muradin
Temple of Seth Mythic 0
Issue occurred twice between 9:45pm and 10:15pm Pacific during the dungeon run. I was having mad latency for spells and abilities but my latency was normal and I never DCd, I had to alt+f4 to resolve. This has happened many times in the past. I actually quit playing for the past 2 months because it has gone ignored by you guys. Figure I would log in this week and test it out and sure enough second day playing it happened again.