Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

I’m getting this on an Oceanic server. Massive ability delay.

I thought it was just me. I did the /console SpellQueueWindow command set at 250 and still it feels off, like there is an unnatural delay. Server ping and latency is less than 75 ms respectively. I have very fast internet and if I go into Dalaran zones, no issue.

1 Like

I was playing in nazjatar with the issue this thread describes, abilites all delayed and lagging but normal latency values. Once I teleported to the bain scenario everything instantly started working normally. Got back to nazjatar - all lagged again.

At this point, its pretty evident they just dont have the horsepower to accomodate all players. Pretty sad considering everyone pays monthly expecting a decent service.

2 Likes

I think the server lag in Boralus has gotten worse since patch 8.2 went live. Now each projectile from Arcane Missiles is sometimes separated by nearly a second. Yesterday it took nearly five seconds for a 7th Legion supply chest to open to yield the gold inside. The delay on selling items to merchants has gotten worse as has the delay in interacting with the mission table.

It all goes away once I leave this zone.

2 Likes

In general I felt like things were okay right at 8.2 launch. However, these last few days the lag in all BFA zones including Nazjatar and Mechagon has gotten pretty terrible again. It’s all server-side once since there are no visible issues with my ping or traces.

It’s highly frustrating that this issue keeps coming back up again and again this expansion. It’s been a crazy ongoing issue since BFA launch.

1 Like

This issue has now reached a peak with the release of the world boss in Nazjatar. Zone is virtually unplayable while the boss is pulled.

1 Like

Yeah, Nazjatar currently reminds me of what Azsuna was like when Withered Jim would spawn on Tuesday.

1 Like

I started having this issue maybe 2 months ago. At first it was only instances, then it became everywhere. There are other topics attributing similar symptoms to ISP routing issues but there is another PC on the same connection that doesn’t experience the lag I’m having. I also had massive game freezing lag spikes in TEP from the second we pulled the first trash. It could be unrelated but I had to turn my graphics all the way down, and they were already super low to begin with. I would be willing to admit it was my PC issue but it seems like an issue with the game’s performance. I don’t have any issues in other games.

1 Like

Been having the issue since the new patch. Will randomly be fine for 10-30 minutes then randomly will notice that i cannot interact with anything and abilities are not being used. Mobs/People will just be stationary.

Will log out by closing the WoW application and log back in to find my body dead by some random mob if i am question/etc.

Not sure what to do. It also seems fine when i am in the new zones, something about the old BFA zones might be causing me grief.

2 Likes

Also just got disconnected from the server (WOW51900319)

This is now happening on both realms I play on. Right now I’m on Turalyon and my latency is 45 home and world with a fps of 100. I’m getting a 1-4 second delay on everything; skills, quest accepts and turn ins, mail, looting/fishing, EVERYTHING.

Honestly I’m about fed up with it. I quit playing for months and only recently came back but am considering just walking way again if this isn’t fixed. This is totally unacceptable for a game we PAY to play.

Stormrage is no better, 3 characters now (so 3 diff shards perhaps) and Tiragarde, Drustvar are both laggy af. eg: Cast aim shot, npc is now agroed to me, cast arcane shot, npc fires back, cast 2nd arcane shot…aim shot damage just registered!

This is STILL HAPPENING? I quit for months due to this, and finally decided to resub… only to find this.

Absolutely brilliant, Blizzard. Also, awesome job on basically no communication for half a year.

That’s some impressive consistency.

This started happening to me the past couple days. Ping is solid 19-25, home and world. About 15-20% of the time when I cast a spell, loot something, or turn in a quest, it hangs for a time, sometimes a full second or more. I can never catch the ping elevated at all.

1 Like

When is this being addressed? It’s ridiculous that this is still happening. If it’s shard related, then just get rid of the sharding nonsense. It’s degrading the entire player experience.

Can confirm that Turalyon is currently experiencing this issue horrifically today. Boralus in particular has upwards of 5-second delays on some ability casts finishing (crafting, mounting, etc) despite both my home and world latency being 19.

How has this not been resolved yet? Dear Lord…

1 Like

No idea. I’ve had a suspicion for the last 6 months that it could be related to the datacenter that the servers are located in. I haven’t done enough research to prove it out, but I know that when I enable War Mode I typically end up in a shard that is likely hosted in the New York datacenter and I experience far less lag, but whenever I turn it off and port back to Turalyon (which is hosted in Chicago) it returns to its normal self.

Just started to notice this happen this week, tons of latency and I disabled all addons , still same problem and my home network runs smooth, no issue with other sites, streaming etc

I haven’t tested this with warmode on because I don’t PvP. Maybe tomorrow I will and see if it makes any difference. This has been going on for a good while now but at first I only had issues on Scarlet Crusade. Now Turalyon is the same if not worse.

To be blunt, this is unacceptable in a game we PAY a monthly fee to play. I play F2P and B2P games that don’t have this kind of problem.

2 Likes