A worry I have for Classic

Of course people are going to rush to the end. That’s what people do. The great thing about Classic, though was that pacing was an option. Everything was an option. Do it or don’t. You’re not funneled through anything.

You weren’t stalled by a prescription of dailies and several patches for basic and expected features and the end-goal for most was not LFR. Your behavior wasn’t moderated in a way that stifled creativity.

This is the new Blizzard. They’re going to screw this up somehow, but classic was freedom and that’s why I enjoyed it.

I can guarantee that there will be, but there will also be a lot of players who want to luxuriate in the questing and leveling experience…really digging into the zones they miss and the content quirks we miss.

There will be both, just as there were both when it was the current patch.

For me, I will enjoy the leveling, but I will be pushing to 60 because that’s the stuff I miss, personally. I miss the end game parts more than I miss the leveling. I had many level 60 toons during vanilla. I don’t miss the leveling. I miss the raiding, taking guildies to get their blue sets from Scholo and Strath, the organized world PvP, and the goal-oriented nature of working for my best in slot.

I miss the camaraderie of vanilla endgame, and that’s what I will be trying to get to as fast as I can.

That won’t mean I’m not happy with and for all of the players who want to take their time. It doesn’t mean I won’t be interacting and rolling alts after I get my first toon to endgame.

I guess what I’m trying to say is: Don’t be discouraged by the people you see power leveling in the first weeks. You don’t have to join them/us in that, and it won’t mean you’re hopelessly left behind. The endgame content is massive and difficult, and there will be plenty of time for you to catch up with the folks who rushed to 60 for farming that resist gear and getting those profs to 300 and getting back to “where we were” when the game stopped being what we loved.

Maybe support the ideas that have threads created for them which aim to protect and stabilize populations and communities.

Correct, but as soon as Dire Maul was released (which it will already be known about/released quickly with Classic) it shifted. At this point calling Deadmines by DM would be silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

There have always been people with that mindset. Maybe the ratio has shifted, but there will still be plenty who are stopping to smell the flowers.

Leveling fast is fine but not for me. I honestly came in about 5 months after release and although I did eventually raid MC and such I want to make sure I experience the story. The social aspect which imo has been lost for various reasons but I think most that are looking forward to Classic are also looking to get back the social fun.

vc for dead mines

DM for dire maul.

Avoids confusion.

I’m not sure if I remember this correctly but weren’t Dwarven Priests the only ones that could counter fear for a party?

Dwarf Priests were the only priest with access to the Fear Ward spell, which could be cast on a single party member and would make them immune to the next fear effect within (I think) 3 minutes.

It had a cooldown so you couldn’t really make an entire party immune to fear with it, but yes, dwarf priests were the only priest with a spell that protected against fear.

I played the private vanilla server after years of retail and the “rush to max” mindset is swiftly beaten out of you when you realise you’re not OP, You can’t solo everything and if you even remotely want a chance of getting a mount by 40 you NEED professions or take some time off for farming.

The retail rushing mentality will quickly die off in the first week or 2 of classic and the community will be better off.

1 Like

U can rush and rush and rush, but after 35 levels u will feel that no matter how much u rush, it’s still such a long way!

im worried aobut when the alpha/beta is. can you tell me pls

Not that another opinion is needed after 164 posts, but:

There are so many people, like yourself, that want original WoW back for the same reasons you do. I’d say most of the people that pushed for this for years are that way, and though many people will rush to 60 for this and that, you will find no shortage of people to play with who share your mindset.

What an odd off topic question you chose to necro a 3 month old thread with.

FYI, Ythisens was let go in the latest round of layoffs, he’s not gonna be around to return your question.

As for your question: Soon™

Just a heads up: he’s been spamming that question in a variety of threads.

Ah okay, wasn’t aware of that.

QFT

That is exactly what I intend to do, as I remember that was the most fun I had meeting people leveling and then when you hit 60 you know people with same interests to have fun with. Take it easy and stop to smell the flowers sort of speak, not just go go go till you burn out is what’s fun for me at least.

[Bumping or resurrecting old posts on our forums is against our forum guidelines. As such, this thread has been locked. - Forum Moderator]