A worgen's request

Hello after seeing some beautiful changes datamined coming to the worgen race all of which I appreciate I have one single request that I’ve wanted ever since worgen were announced back in late wrath.

To fully represent the fantasy that is being a werewolf. I want the ability to override my melee weapons and just go full beast on my enemies with my claws. I could see this working 2 ways. Either a racial transmog item that hides the appearance of our weapon OR a racial ability that does the same thing. It would be purely cosmetic but it would make a world of difference for me and I am sure many others.

Yes I know Gilneans are the “noble savages” but even Genn uses his claws in cinnematics and so do most worgen npcs when fighting. So please in an expansion offering so much wonderful and amazing cosmetic choices I would love to be able to go full wolf.

AWOOO

84 Likes

I agree 100% This would be badass.

2 Likes

Oooh like the monk hide weapon things? That’d be cool!

1 Like

It’s only fair! Us druids can do it!

there are dozens of worgen npcs who use their claws, including a legion follower who was a fury warrior and my main fury warrior cant

i can’t even use fist weapons, really wish they would let warrior mog one handers for fury warrior

5 Likes

The two things I want:

Fight with my claws like you said
Control my shifting completely. Make that racial worth more than a waste of a racial.

1 Like

The worgen still has the chance to see an allied race, might see the claws being part of that racial.

Oooh! Yes! a comprimise could be you’re still forced into worgen form if you go bellow 50% health. But doesn’t make sense that getting into combat of any kind forces you into worgen form. Especially when this doesn’t seem to exist in lore. Genn has been able to fight in human form fine. It’s triggered by rage/emotions and not everyone gets pissed off in combat. Despite using “rage” as a resource arms warriors are defined by remaining calm in combat. Rogue HAVE to remain calm in combat. So having it trigger at 50% makes sense to me. You’re starting to die so that might cause your survival instincts to kick in. But in an average fight you won’t be forced into worgen form. Could even change the racial to give an actual passive benefit. “When you go bellow 50% health your transform into your worgen form and gain 10% health”. Also darkflight IMHO should cause us to use our running wild animation.

4 Likes

Yeah I just wanna be like all werewolfs in movies where I am a were wolf 90% of the time. I don’t want to be human, just a werewolf like most others.

InB4 just play a human. Its no different that druids being more than one race. Yeah we spend most of our time in form so who really races what our initial race was, right? Yeah I disagree.

1 Like

Worgen being able to hide their weapons and use their claws was definitely a missed racial opportunity on Blizzards part.

Part of the reason I want Worgen Monks so bad is because monks can hide their weapons.

4 Likes

Yeah feral druids aren’t forced into catform whenever they enter combat.

1 Like

As a fellow Worgen Rogue, I just use the fist weapons that look like claws. Gives me that exact visual fantasy and works for all Rogue specs. Specifically the model shared by Brawler’s Razor Claws. It even has the same amount of fingers as the Worgen hand.

They are if they want to do anything lol.

2 Likes

It’s still their choice.

Also Druidism isn’t a curse.

I support this. It has always been a sadness of mine that Worgen are not able to use their claws. Such an oversight is dreadfully dull.

6 Likes

I fully support this proposal.

It’s really not so different from feral druids using their claws, (while, in actuality utilizing the power of their weapon) is it?

1 Like

I agree, and you guys honestly deserve to have tails.

4 Likes

I support!
However, there are a lot of things that Blizzard plans to do for races that are in the alliance.
I’m a little suspicious about Blizzard’s intentions after BfA.

I don’t see Blizzard creating a racial or resource that allows worgen to do that.
The more I see what has been done for worgen in Shadowland, the more I feel it is the maximum we will have in the next 10 years.

Of course, I may be wrong and at some point, the devs do something like the one suggested.

They may come to create “another compromise for the alliance”.

2 Likes

Yeah but also if you actually play the worgen starting zone a big part of it is that we regained control of ourselves and the curse. Genn and other npcs have fought while maintaining their human form. The only time they wolf out against their will is when they lose emotional control. And not everyone loses emotional control in combat.

Currently worgen aren’t available on the alpha which means they’re getting heavy TLC from bliz and bliz prob even broke them in char creation. 99.99% sure worgen will be able to customize their human and wolf form separately. Which is great. Druids are getting that ability! This would be fairly easy to add especially if it’s transmog. They’d probably just need a separate transmog item for 2 handers and 1 handers that hides weapon. And of course ranged weapons are SoL. Sorry hunters :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gods yes! I really want this on my worgen.

1 Like