A Warcraft kids cartoon series on Netflix

…there’s a debate it would work? :robot::thought_balloon:

I mean, there’s tons of ways Warcraft could be made into an amazing show. I’d be skeptical that it’d be anywhere near the quality of Arcane, but if it was, the lore and world is incredibly rich with countless story opportunities.

Yeah, a muppet babies version of garrosh teaching kids about the racial purity of orcs seems like a great idea.

Nah but i would watch sponge bob

The problem I see with a tv series is that the writer will have to pick one race to ultimately focus on and the rest will be side characters or villains.

It is My fear that the show would ultimately focus on the Humans and each episode wouldn’t show them continually saving their Allies and the day from the Horde. That to me would be a disaster.

Now if they could make a show that actually explored ALL of the race equally I might consider it. It would need to be like Game of Thrones but instead of focusing on the seven great houses this show would focus on the faction leaders. Politcal scheming and battle skirmishes as there armies explore the world around them

Blizzard made this, back in the 90’s, although it was never released.

Here’s Thrall & Deathwing (and his infamous hookah).

Mmmm…

Unlikely.

The older I get the less I enjoy cartoons, even adult one.

I think (and I could be wrong) the lack of facial expressions and body language just make them too shallow for me.

1 Like

I’d rather a more mature animation setting. Give me blood and thunder, and lots of fight scenes

1 Like

I’d watch an animated show. Kid’s shows are too PG for me. Also, as Silverleigh stated. Cartoons do not have the level of detail most people playing this game enjoy. The animation used for BFA, DF, or TWW trailers would be perfect.

No, because the source material for this is very much not for children. PG-13 would be very reasonable since the game is rated T.

That would be the equivalent of trying to make Invincible a kid-friendly show. And anyone who’s watched the show or read the comics can tell you with 100% certainty that there’s extreme violence present throughout the show thus far, and the parts of the comics the show hasn’t gotten to are even more absurdly violent and tackle subject matter that is very much not something children should be exposed to at such a young age. And the thing is, the extreme violence and other sensitive topics are very important for the plot in Invincible.

I bring this up because this game has events throughout its canon that would be wildly inappropriate for children. Like, just Alexstrasza’s imprisonment in Grim Batol alone would rule it out as a possibility.

The dragon aspects were doing a live stage show during the Fyrrak fight.

On FLOWERS.

1 Like

OP specifically wants a kid-friendly adaptation of the entire Warcraft universe, not just DF. That most notably includes some stuff involving Alexstrasza that is much, much less kid-friendly than this.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to attract elementary school kids into the game.

1 Like

okay, sure. but only if the we have a “player” that is the protagonist of the show and acts like Caillou

Meh, that all came in Chronicles. Back in WC2 there was zero indication that dragons were even sentient (quite the opposite, in fact) until Deathwing showed up and could talk in Beyond the Dark Portal.

The Warcraft universe has changed up and down and all over the place, over the years, in terms of whom it’s trying to aim at.

(Which is only to be expected in a 30-year-old franchise with so much staff turnover.)

sonic 06 as a tv series when?

1 Like

In other words, The MisAdventures of Johnny Awesome.

It seems to me that nobody knows about the scholastics Warcraft books that were aimed at kids. The travelers books.

an animated show with adult themes and bloody violence, yes.

a kids show? no.