[A] <Twilight Vigil> Small Semi-Casual Raid Guild Looking For New Friends for Shadowlands

Greetings and salutations, wanderers! If I may have just a moment of your time, I would like to speak with you about the amazing opportunity that presents itself! One that is sure to tickle your fancy and appeal to your greater sense of whimsy and adventure!

Still with me? Excellent.

Well, since this is the Guild Recruitment forum, I’m sure you have no doubt guessed my purpose for being here. Like you, I once roamed these halls looking for employment or patronage; however, my time here proved mostly fruitless as I couldn’t quite find the place for myself. Certainly, there are plenty of opportunities to choose from, but for reasons that I do not claim to understand a precise fit was not available to me. So, after identifying a potential need in the market, I have decided to present my own solution.

Twilight Vigil is a guild on the Earthen Ring (US) server. Originally formed as a Strict-10 raiding guild during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, the guild came about in part because of the original members’ dissatisfaction with being in larger raiding guilds. What we sought was a small, close, tight-knit group of friends with similar goals and interests, a mature raiding environment that could comfortably push content with a group that managed expectations of its members. Throughout Wrath and into Cataclysm, we stayed firmly on the curve as far as pushing content was concerned, and though we had our fair share of struggles with certain encounters we always made it through in the end. Unfortunately, from Mists of Pandaria onward, we struggled with a boss we had no good strategy for: attrition. Real life took many of our core raiders away, and those that stayed found groups elsewhere.

Today, though, I am happy to announce our glorious return in anticipation of Shadowlands. All we need is you.

About us:

• Our raid team presently consists of two people, so we’re looking for everything. I’m an extreme alt-o-holic, so there will be no judgment if you want to bring several classes and play them all. I totally get you. The other is a dedicated healer, won’t even consider playing any other role, so no matter what we’ll always have someone to blame. So bring what you enjoy playing most, or bring what you’re thinking of making your main in Shadowlands. We’re very flexible.

• Our raid times and durations have yet to be determined, but our raid days will be Friday and Saturday. Raid times will be no earlier than evening CST; the guild’s history is a late night guild (hence the name Twilight Vigil) and this will most likely remain true, but if a majority of the players end up needing an earlier start time it’s negotiable (up to a point).

• Attendance is not mandatory, there is no activity requirement. All we ask is that if you say you’ll be there for something, you actually show up. If something comes up, let us know. We understand life happens.

About you:

• As stated above, our goal is to create a small, tight-knit community of friends to run content with. So, ideally, you’re the kind of person who wants to play in a small, tight-knit community of friends.

• You possess a passable knowledge of the game and your chosen class. We don’t expect top 1% performance at all times (or any time, really), but what we do expect is that you aren’t a burden on everyone else. We are a small, tight-knit community of friends, after all, so ideally you want to be your best so that everyone can benefit. We’re all in this together.
    • If you’re a new player, or new to end-game content, or just want to try to improve without the pressures of a more hardcore guild, great! We’d love for you to grow with us. If you have an open mind, are willing to accept constructive feedback, and have a desire for self-improvement, we’d be more than happy to have you.

• You can have fun without being vulgar. We aim to create a family-friendly environment, and we would like members who can keep things PG when voice chatting, so that if someone’s kids want to watch there won’t be any concern over the content of chat. Good, clean, goofy fun. Bonus points if your pun game is strong. (There will be lots of bad jokes, so be prepared)

• You want a late-night weekend raiding guild.

• You want to play Alliance.

I apologize for all the words I put there, but thank you for sticking with me until the end. If this is of any interest to you, feel free to message me on my bnet, LordAwesome#1793.

I look forward to hearing from you!