A True God

A True God has the power to protect the souls of his or her followers. By this metric, Bwonsamdi is the only true God we know of. Elune cannot prevent her followers from being thrown into the Maw. The Light cannot protect its followers from being thrown into the Maw. No God or Force can save their followers from the maw, except Bwonsamdi.

From the Other Side dungeon description. “When the dead started funneling into the Maw, Bwonsamdi hid several in his little domain, keeping his troll followers safe.”

6 Likes

A true goddess has the power to <. everything Sylvanas has gotten away with .>. By this metric, Sylvanas is the only true goddess we know of.

See what I did?

4 Likes

Even Sylvanas cant beat Bwonsamdi at this game. Anyway, why would you worship a god that cant save your soul? Bwonsamdi looks like the only one worth worshipping.

The point I was trying to make is that you’ve chosen something that Bwonsamdi can do and have crowned it the metric that defines a “true god”. That is terrible and bogus.

10 Likes

Realistically, its the only metric that matters in picking a god. If the god you worship has absolutely no say in what happens to your soul, why would you worship it to begin with? All that time wasted being nice and worshiping in life, just so you can get thrown into the maw to be tortured forever anyway.

Bwonsamdi’s mah boy! He comes through for his people.

4 Likes

For 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the existence of this ingame universe, being that have their own afterlives have been able to claim their souls. An unprecedented event has happened which has caused every soul ever in the entire universe to be more or less stolen away from them. Bwonsamdi, being a relatively minor death god, having only his own little haven for souls, is capable of personally snatching souls for himself instead of to the Maw. Great.

Now, let’s talk about your metric for picking a god to worship. If you’re thinking “hmm, how can I be sure that this god can actually save my soul after death?” that’s how you become non-religious, because you’d never be sure, since you’d be - and let’s be honest here - very cynical.

And I disagree with your assessment entirely based on the fact that, to me, what would matter is the power the god could give me if I worshipped them. Bwonsamdi is a death god, you’d assume a death god would be able to claim your soul. You don’t expect, say, a god of livestock, crops and farming to claim your soul after you die.

4 Likes

Is completely undefined.

12 Likes

This then disqualifies Bwonsamdi. He couldn’t protect Vol’jin from Mueh’zala meddling with his soul.

I win.

9 Likes

I would say a True God is both omnipotent and omniscient.

There are no true gods in Warcraft.

2 Likes

The Light and Void combined know everything. When their powers are combined they can know all futures. This is very unlikely, but if their powers were combined they’d probably also be omnipotent, since combined they were once everything.

Well, we know of a being so far, which does not require a physical presence and is not magic at that, but really a being to work.

and this being know everythign before it happened and gave their priestess visions of things what will be.

thats a form of omnipresent, maybe even omniscient…and thats elune. Omnipotent, hrmm, we don´t know, i don´t think anything will be omnipotent in warcraft^^

Bwonsamdi is just a better Kyrian.

Bwonsamdi is awesome and is starting to grow on me.

I’ve never thought Elune was anything special. Isn’t part of the reason the Forsaken Night Elves are pissed is because of Elune’s dormant actions?

1 Like

It would be great if Bwonsamdi turns out to be more evil than the Jailer. If anything we need less troll stuff we’ve got enough raids, zones, and dungeons.

They can leave Bwom right where he is. The horde doesn’t need to loose anymore characters who have ties to them. It’s funny that you don’t suggest the alliance loose anything in return.

4 Likes

AND he’s incredibly handsome! What more could you ask for?

I… what?

Please tell me you’re joking.

Bwonsamdi is more Chaotic Neutral. He just dosen’t care about things unless he has too

I don’t understand WHY people want him to be a villian. It’s not like he’s the troll version of Dexter/Jason or something. He dosen’t kill anyone, he just really loves to troll (ha) people

6 Likes

But mueh’zala didn’t take vol’jin to the maw, just whispered in his ear like a creep. Bwom didn’t save him from the maw either. I think it was rezan? Maybe idk all I know was it was a “hand of valor” or something like that

If I recall correctly, Bwonsamdi snatching souls en route to the maw was also massively weakening him in the latest book, so it’s not something he’d be able to do forever. Eventually he’d get overwhelmed and start losing them.

1 Like

Horde could lose all their character for all I care as long they remove worgen from the game and retcon them being all killed at the battle of gilneas.

1 Like

We don’t even know if Elune is real person. Yes, she gives powers to those who ask. But that any magical computer can do.